Senior Financial Analyst
We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Business Unit: ET&O Finance
Thomson Reuters Enterprise Technology & Operations is looking to hire a highly motivated and energetic individual interested in continuing a career in Finance.
The position will form part of a team who are key participants in providing value-added analysis and reporting to the ET&O management team. The opportunity will provide exposure at the highest levels of the ET&O organization and build expertise in a broad range of compelling areas.
Enterprise Technology & Operations brings together our technology development and operations, content technology, operations centers and transformation. Consisting of circa 12,500 employees globally.
Position Title: Senior Financial Analyst
Requisition No: JREQ087681
The Senior Financial Analyst will conduct consolidation and decision support activities for the Enterprise Technology & Operations (ET&O) organization, reporting to the Finance Manager- Decision Support. This role will support, monitor and report on key performance metrics across the organization, including coordinating forecasts, monthly reporting and other standard process across the wider ET&O finance group. Interaction with ET&O Leadership, ET&O finance team, the FP&A finance team and other groups such as Accounting Operations & Corporate FP&A will be an important aspect of the role.
Successful candidate must have proven track record of working in a high pressure environment and demonstrate the ability to work on several projects/deliverables at the same time.
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Support the consolidation of Forecasting, Annual Planning, Business Analysis processes
- Partner with wider ET&O finance Groups to achieve accurate and timely deliverables
- Support monthly performance/quarterly presentations for the ET&O ExComm and Corporate
- Gather and prepare financial information and other data for senior management; including providing recommendations and suggesting alternative actions through insight
- Review financial assumptions ensuring they are reasonable and accurate and aligned to the ET&O strategy
- Monitor key metrics closely and understand business drivers to identify and anticipate risks requiring corrective action
- Develop solid relationships with all areas of the business and demonstrate an ability to be an effective partner (both to the ET&O finance team as well as to Corporate FP&A).
- Drive process improvements through identifying and leveraging best practices across the organization
- Perform ad-hoc reporting and analysis when necessary
- ET&O FP&A Team
- ET&O Allocations team
- ET&O Investments team
- Corporate FP&A
- ET&O Finance Leadership team and their wider teams
- Accounting Operations
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Proven experience gained in Management Accounting or Performance Management roles.
- Familiarity with accounting and financial reporting
- Very organized and have the ability to multi task, managing time and competing priorities in a dynamic environment
- Excellent communication and people skills; ability to openly and confidently converse with senior management and influence all areas of the business
- Self-starter with the ability to work autonomously within the context of a complex, matrix organization to drive results
- Ability to synthesize information and present results in a clear and concise manner to senior executives
- A proficiency in MS Excel and PowerPoint is essential, with knowledge of Hyperion a plus
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Good understanding of Thomson Reuters strategy and business model
- Experience working in a global matrix organisation
- Professional finance qualification ( CIMA, ACA or ACCA)
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.thomsonreuters.com.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top