Senior Finance Analyst, Revenue Assurance
We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Business Unit: Financial & Risk, Go To Market - Europe North
Financial & Risk provides critical news, information and analytics, enables transactions and connects communities of trading, investment, financial and corporate professionals. It also provides leading regulatory and operational risk management solutions.
Go To Market Europe North revenue assurance provides finance and operational support to various stakeholders, identifying key trends and drivers of business results, forecasting and analyzing and interrogating movements in recurring revenue.
Position Title: Senior Finance Analyst, Revenue Assurance
Location: London – Canary Wharf
Requisition No: JREQ089546
The role is responsible for providing high quality financial support and actionable information on key revenue metrics and engaging with various stakeholders to understand the underlying drivers of business performance.
The individual will play an important role in providing revenue analysis and forecasting information, driving the quarterly revenue reserves process, and will be responsible for the F&R 'In The Bag' model for analyzing and interrogating movements in recurring revenue.
We require an individual with strong analytical and communication skills and somebody who is comfortable talking to both finance and non-finance stakeholders. In addition, the individual should have a strong background in financial modelling and be confident to work independently.
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Proactively engage with key stakeholders including Credit Control, Customer Administration, Order Management, the Sales team and other F&R finance teams to provide analysis and insight to assist with financial and operational decisions.
- Input into the annual revenue forecasting process;
- Monthly reporting of the F&R 'In The Bag' model of analyzing movements in recurring revenue and identifying and resolving issues affecting cash flow.
- Quarterly revenue reserves reviews;
- Ensure adherence to revenue SOX controls.
- Liaison with GTM Sales, Finance teams across F&R, Credit Control and Customer Administration and Order Management
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Highly motivated and proactive self starter;
- Ability to communicate effectively with both finance and non-finance stakeholders;
- Detail-oriented with exceptional organizational and analytical skills;
- Successful at managing multiple high profile deliverables;
- Experience in delivering high quality, team based results in a demanding environment.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of Thomson Reuters products and services
- Experience working in a global matrix environment
- Qualified or part-qualified CIMA/ACCA/ACA or other relevant accountancy qualification.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.thomsonreuters.com.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top