Senior Editor, Practical Law: International Trade
Position Title: Senior Editor, Practical Law: International Trade
Position Type: FTE
Location: London, Brussels, or Yorkshire
To help develop the scope of Practical Law's new International Trade content, lead on writing content covering International Trade issues for Practical Law UK/EU/Global (working closely with editorial colleagues producing content for Practical Law US), and maintain existing content, ensuring all content is of the quality and scope that meets business objectives and customer needs.
Major Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Scoping, researching, writing, commissioning and delivering well-written, up-to-date content for online publication that reflects current market legal practice and is of the quality and scope that meets the business objectives and needs of customers.
- Keeping up-to-date with all relevant law, practice and market developments so that all content for which you are responsible reflects and takes account of current practice and up-to-date law and market trends.
- Maintaining all content for which you are responsible to ensure is up-to-date and continues to be of the quality and scope that meets business objectives and needs of customers.
- Developing relationships with third parties with a view to obtaining contributions of content or improving content through third party insights into law or practice.
- Attending training events, conferences and talks and otherwise networking with customers and potential customers and with industry leaders.
- Supporting marketing and sales and all other parts of the business to help formulate and deliver business objectives.
Mandatory Skills and Experience:
- Significant and substantial post qualification experience in advising on legal and practical issues relating to international trade.
- Good understanding of the legal market and the needs of lawyers in the field of international trade.
- Commercial awareness.
- Editorial vision in scoping the new content.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Experienced in assimilating and applying new complex information.
- Experience in producing well-written practical legal content efficiently of a nature that will be relevant for publication and/or teaching.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Experienced at working to deadlines and able to prioritise and manage own workload.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word.
- Excellent knowledge of online research databases.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- Previous experience working in a Legal/Publishing environment, using technology to create and disseminate online content.
- UK-qualified solicitor, EU-qualified attorney, or US-qualified attorney.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
West Yorkshire-United Kingdom;London-United Kingdom
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Greg O.Lead Software Engineer
Greg develops software frameworks that other software engineers use to build the company’s flagship Eikon product. He also mentors and provides technical leadership to more junior engineers on his team.
Back to top