Senior Editor, Practical Law Financial Services
We are trusted for the decisions that matter most, empowering customers to act with confidence in a complex world. Our intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Business Unit: Legal UKI
The legal business of Thomson Reuters delivers best-of-class solutions to help legal professionals practice the law, manage their organisation and grow their business. Our solutions include Thomson Reuters Practical Law, Westlaw UK, Sweet & Maxwell, Lawtel, Contract Express, Legal Tracker, Elite and IDS.
Our customers rely on us to deliver the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers.
The legal and regulatory world is changing rapidly. We help our customers deliver their services with accuracy, speed and confidence. Through our innovative online products, decision support tools, software and services, we provide the critical information that law firms, barristers, corporate legal departments, the public sector and academics need to work at their best. For more information, visit legal-solutions.co.uk.
Position Title: Senior Editor, Practical Law Financial Services, Editorial, Legal Solutions UKI
Position Type: Permanent.
To write content for online publication, maintain existing content and answer questions from customers, ensuring all content is of the quality and scope that meets business objectives and customer needs.
Major Responsibilities Accountabilities:
- Researching, writing, commissioning and delivering well-written, up-to-date content, with a particular focus on financial services risk and compliance resources, for online publication, which reflects current market practice in regulatory compliance and is of the quality and scope that meets the business objectives and needs of customers.
- Keeping up-to-date with all relevant financial services regulatory compliance practice and market developments so that all content for which you are responsible reflects and takes account of current practice in regulatory compliance and up-to-date market trends.
- Maintaining all content for which you are responsible to ensure it is up-to-date and continues to be of the quality and scope that meets business objectives and needs of customers.
- Responding to questions from customers about financial services law and compliance, and content published for Practical Law Financial Services.
- Developing relationships with third parties with a view to obtaining contributions of content or improving content through third party insights into compliance or practice.
- Attending training events, conferences and talks and otherwise networking with customers and potential customers and with industry leaders who may influence the practice of financial services law and regulation.
- Helping with the development of Practical Law Financial Services and, more generally with the development of Practical Law Practice Areas.
- Supporting marketing and sales and all other parts of the business to help formulate products and achieve business objectives.
- Supporting and mentoring colleagues in relation to writing and maintaining content and answering questions from customers, including through subediting and peer review.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Significant and substantial experience in regulatory compliance within the financial services sector.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Experience in efficiently producing well-written practical risk and compliance content of a nature that will be relevant for publication.
- Experience in using technology to create and disseminate online content.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Experienced at working to deadlines and able to prioritise and manage own workload.
- Experienced in assimilating and applying new complex information.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent knowledge of online research databases.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience working at a financial services regulator.
- Previous experience working in a Legal/Publishing environment, using technology to create and disseminate online content.
- A post-graduate compliance qualification (eg CISI) is desirable.
- A legal background (eg law graduate or UK qualified solicitor or barrister) could be an advantage.
NB: Flexible working options will be considered as part of this application. E.g. Job shares
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 55,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top