Senior Editor, Practical Law Corporate
Position Title: Senior Editor, Corporates
Position Type: Permanent
Role Purpose/Summary: To write content for online publication, maintain existing content and answer questions from customers, ensuring all content is of the quality and scope that meets business objectives and customer needs.
- Researching, writing, commissioning and delivering well-written, up-to-date content for online publication that reflects current market legal practice and is of the quality and scope that meets the business objectives and needs of customers.
- Keeping up-to-date with all relevant law, practice and market developments so that all content for which you are responsible reflects and takes account of current practice and up-to-date law and market trends.
- Maintaining all content for which you are responsible to ensure is up-to-date and continues to be of the quality and scope that meets business objectives and needs of customers.
- Responding to questions from customers about Equity Capital Markets and content published for Practical Law Corporate.
- Developing relationships with third parties with a view to obtaining contributions of content or improving content through third party insights into law or practice.
- Attending training events, conferences and talks and otherwise networking with customers and potential customers and with industry leaders who may influence the practice of equity capital markets.
- Helping with the development of Practical Law Corporate and Practical Law Capital Markets and, more generally with the development of Practical Law Practice Areas.
- Supporting marketing and sales and all other parts of the business to help formulate and business objectives.
- Supporting and mentoring colleagues in relation to writing and maintaining content and answering questions from customers, including through subediting and peer review.
Mandatory Skills and Experience:
- Significant and substantial post qualification experience in Corporate Finance/Equity Capital Markets and some experience of advising on investment, private equity and funds transactions.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Experience in producing well-written practical legal content efficiently of a nature that will be relevant for publication and/or teaching.
- Experience in using technology to create and disseminate online content
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Experienced at working to deadlines and able to prioritise and manage own workload.
- Experienced in assimilating and applying new complex information.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent knowledge of online research databases.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience working in a Legal/Publishing environment, using technology to create and disseminate online content.
- UK qualified solicitor, barrister or legal executive
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Back to top