Senior Editor, Practical Law Commercial (Mat Cover)
Position Title: Senior Editor, Practical Law Commercial
Position Type: Maternity Cover
Role Purpose/ Summary:
To write new content for online publication, maintain existing content and answer questions from customers, ensuring that all content is of the quality and scope that meets business objectives and the needs of customers.
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Researching, writing, commissioning and delivering well-written, up-to-date content for online publication that reflects current market legal practice and is of the quality and scope that meets the business objectives and customer needs.
- Keeping up to date with all relevant law, practice and market developments, so that you can maintain all content for which you are responsible to ensure it is up to date, takes account of current practice and market trends, and continues to be of the quality and scope that meets business objectives and customer needs.
- Sub-editing and reviewing your own work and that produced by others prior to online publication, and, where appropriate, helping support and mentor others in relation to legal writing tasks.
- Responding to questions from customers about commercial law and our published content.
- Developing relationships with third parties with a view to obtaining contributions of content or improving content through third party insights into law or practice.
- Attending training events, conferences and talks and otherwise networking with customers and potential customers and with industry leaders.
- Supporting marketing and sales and all other parts of the business to help formulate and deliver business objectives.
Mandatory Skills and Experience:
- Significant experience working as a commercial lawyer (either in private practice, as a PSL, or in-house) with solid experience in some of the following areas of law:
- Supply of goods/services. ○ General contract.
- Distribution. ○ Outsourcing.
- Agency. ○ E-commerce.
- Franchising. ○ Advertising.
- Enthusiasm for commercial and contract law.
- An intellectually rigorous approach to the law.
- Commercial awareness.
- Ability to carry out legal research within realistic timescales and to report findings clearly and concisely to the enquirer.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Experience in at working to deadlines and ability to prioritise and manage your workload.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent knowledge of legal research databases.
- Experience in producing well-written practical legal content efficiently of a nature that will be relevant for publication and/or teaching.
- Experience in using technology to create and disseminate online content.
Education/ Certifications Required:
- UK qualified solicitor, barrister or legal executive.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
West Yorkshire-United Kingdom;London-United Kingdom
Back to top