Senior Editor, Practical Law Commercial
- London, United Kingdom
We are seeking a commercial law practitioner (e.g., solicitor, barrister, legal executive) to join the Practical Law Commercial team in the UK.
Practical Law is a leading online know-how service providing rigorous, peer-reviewed resources, including practice notes, current awareness and standard documents, to help legal professionals work smarter and advise with confidence. Practical Law is part of Thomson Reuters, one of the world's most trusted providers of answers across law, tax, compliance, government and media.
About the role
As a senior editor in Practical Law Commercial, you will use your specialist legal knowledge of commercial contracts to provide and maintain a wide range of Practical Law content. Working in a supportive team of highly experienced colleagues, you will deal with a breadth of interesting legal and editorial work including:
- Analysing the latest legal, regulatory and policy developments, deciding which items to cover and to what extent
- Creating new and maintaining existing materials spanning a variety of formats
- Commissioning, reviewing and editing content written internally and externally
- Answering legal questions submitted by subscribers daily through the Ask service
- Meeting with external customers and industry experts to maintain and build understanding of the latest trends and pressures commercial law and practice
In addition to this, a senior editor will assist:
- With marketing the Practical Law Commercial practice area and engaging with subscribers
- The wider Thomson Reuters team (including Sweet & Maxwell, Lawtel and Westlaw), liaising with sales, marketing product management, technology and segment functions where necessary
The successful candidate is likely to have:
- At least five years' post qualification experience (England & Wales) in either a law firm, in-house or at the bar
- A demonstrable interest and ability in writing
- In-depth understanding of contract law
- Knowledge of some, NOT necessarily all, of the following areas: supply of goods/services, distribution, outsourcing, agency, consumer, franchising and advertising
What's in it for you?
You will work in a supportive, collegiate and flexible environment, with plenty of training, development and opportunities to explore new areas of law and practice. Thomson Reuters offer a competitive compensation package including a whole suite of benefits.
At Practical Law, you will work as part of a market leading team, utilising your experience and expertise to contribute to a market leading product.
Do you want to be part of a team helping re-invent the way knowledge professionals work? How about a team that works every day to create a more transparent, just and inclusive future? At Thomson Reuters, we've been doing just that for almost 160 years. Our industry-leading products and services include highly specialized information-enabled software and tools for legal, tax, accounting and compliance professionals combined with the world's most global news services - Reuters. We help these professionals do their jobs better, creating more time for them to focus on the things that matter most: advising, advocating, negotiating, governing and informing.
We are powered by the talents of 25,000 employees across more than 75 countries, where everyone has a chance to contribute and grow professionally in flexible work environments that celebrate diversity and inclusion. At a time when objectivity, accuracy, fairness and transparency are under attack, we consider it our duty to pursue them. Sound exciting? Join us and help shape the industries that move society forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
West Yorkshire-United Kingdom;London-United Kingdom
Back to top