Senior Editor, Energy
Position Title: Senior Editor, Energy
Position Type: Permanent, part time (3 days per week)
Location: Open to all locations nationwide - home-working is an option
To write content for online publication, maintain existing content and answer questions from customers, ensuring all content is of the quality and scope that meets business objectives and customer needs.
Key Responsibilities within Role:
- Researching, writing, commissioning and delivering well-written, up-to-date content for online publication that reflects current market legal practice and is of the quality and scope that meets the business objectives and needs of customers.
- Keeping up-to-date with all relevant law, practice and market developments so that all content for which you are responsible reflects and takes account of current practice and up-to-date law and market trends.
- Maintaining all content for which you are responsible to ensure it is up-to-date and continues to be of the quality and scope that meets business objectives and needs of customers.
- Responding to questions from customers about energy law, regulation, and projects, and content published for Practical Law Energy.
- Developing relationships with third parties with a view to obtaining contributions of content or improving content through third party insights into law or practice.
- Attending training events, conferences and talks and otherwise networking with customers and potential customers and with industry leaders who may influence legal practice in the energy sector.
- Helping with the development of Practical Law Energy, and, more generally with the development of Practical Law Practice Areas and Sectors.
- Supporting marketing and sales and all other parts of the business to help formulate business objectives.
- Supporting and mentoring colleagues in relation to writing and maintaining content and answering questions from customers, including through subediting and peer review.
Mandatory Skills and Experience:
- Significant and substantial post qualification experience in energy projects, including renewable energy projects, and electricity and downstream gas law and regulation.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Experience in producing well-written practical legal content efficiently of a nature that will be relevant for publication and/or teaching.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Experienced at working to deadlines and able to prioritise and manage own workload.
- Experienced in assimilating and applying new complex information.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent knowledge of online research databases.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience working in a Legal/Publishing environment, using technology to create and disseminate online content.
- Qualified solicitor or barrister in England and Wales.
Do you want to be part of a team helping re-invent the way knowledge professionals work? How about a team that works every day to create a more transparent, just and inclusive future? At Thomson Reuters, we've been doing just that for almost 160 years. Our industry-leading products and services include highly specialized information-enabled software and tools for legal, tax, accounting and compliance professionals combined with the world's most global news services - Reuters. We help these professionals do their jobs better, creating more time for them to focus on the things that matter most: advising, advocating, negotiating, governing and informing.
We are powered by the talents of 25,000 employees across more than 75 countries, where everyone has a chance to contribute and grow professionally in flexible work environments that celebrate diversity and inclusion. At a time when objectivity, accuracy, fairness and transparency are under attack, we consider it our duty to pursue them. Sound exciting? Join us and help shape the industries that move society forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
West Yorkshire-United Kingdom;London-United Kingdom
Back to top