Senior Director - Governance, Risk & Compliance
About the Role :
The ideal candidate will possess the right demeanor, skillset and experience to operate in the fast-paced and dynamic world of information security and risk, with experience of defining and establishing governance, risk and compliance programs, successfully establishing and working cross functionally across a matrixed global environment, and driving significant change in people, processes and tools.
- Design, establish and deliver a multi-generational Governance, Risk and Compliance strategy and sustainable framework
- Proactively identify and understand the Governance, Risk and Compliance drivers and ensure inclusion in the framework
- Determine programs, processes, tools and solutions needed to achieve the defined framework
- Identify and establish links between existing areas to satisfy the defined framework requirements
- Design and build new solutions and process to ensure the framework is achieved
- Build and execute a comprehensive training and awareness campaign
- Establish relationships with critical partners including General Counsel and Technology functions
- Become a subject matter ambassador for Governance, Risk and Compliance across Refinitiv to improve risk awareness and compliance
- Establish a team to ensure the framework is achieved both directly in ISRM and indirectly across Refinitiv
- Identify, define and maintain key measurements related to implementation and maturity
- Identify and establish process improvements and automation opportunities to simplify, standardize and improve compliance across Refinitiv
- Deliver additional activities as defined by senior leadership
- Bachelor's degree in an IT or business-related discipline
- Extensive IT governance, risk, compliance, and / or audit experience including Big 4 or financial services experience
- CISA, CRISC or CGEIT Certified
- Possess strong verbal & written communication skills
- Extensive experience of technology leadership including information security aspects
- Seasoned leader who has led global teams in a matrixed environment
- Awareness of industry trends and developments
- Led deployment of information security & technology programs and solutions across complex environments
- Knowledge of industry wide information security frameworks including ISO 27001/2, NIST
- Strong critical thinking and group facilitation skills, specifically in large or complex problem settings
- Must be a strong cross-functional team player with ability to manage and coach others in a matrix structure, across time zone and national boundaries
- Ability to travel upto 8 weeks per year
- Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United Kingdom
- Must submit to a background investigation, including verification of past employment, criminal history and educational background
- Previous experience in defining, establishing and delivering multiple aspects of a Governance, Risk and / or Compliance framework
- Experience of defining and deploying a Unified Compliance Framework to satisfy multiple requirements
- Exceptional business acumen with a successful track record in aligning to business drivers
- Experience of establishing sustainable programs to meet regulatory or contractual requirements
- Extensive experience of GRC Solutions
The Financial and Risk Business of Thomson Reuters is now Refinitiv. Refinitiv equips the financial community with access to an open platform that uncovers opportunity and catalyzes change. With a dynamic combination of data, insights, technology, and news from Reuters, our customers can access solutions for every challenge, including a breadth of applications, tools, and content-all supported by human expertise. At Refinitiv, we facilitate the connections that propel people and organizations to find new possibilities to move forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. Therefore we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world-regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Refinitiv is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Lisa B.Software Engineer, Centre of Cognitive Computing
Lisa works with other engineers to develop products that are powered by artificial intelligence and capable of machine learning. She also conducts research to identify new uses for existing company data.
Back to top