Senior Director, Enterprise Product Master
The Enterprise Product Master Director is responsible for managing product and pricing data as a business asset across all Thomson Reuters businesses, and acts as the key liaison between the businesses as data owners and EBS/IT personnel (who are responsible for development and maintenance of the systems updating, reporting and transforming data). The primary objective is to define and implement the Enterprise Product Master (EPM) program. As part of this program, the lead will be responsible for creating, maintaining and managing Thomson Reuters product data within Enterprise Product Master (EPM) and leading projects to ensure all businesses and source systems are participating in the program.
Primary objectives are:
- Provide clear leadership and direction to the organization for management of product data within Enterprise Product Master that is sourced from all Thomson Reuters lead to cash (e.g. CRM, billing) and entitlement source systems
- Define, implement and lead the Enterprise Product Master (EPM) program that supports business strategy and goals
- Ensure all Product data source systems are participating effectively in the Enterprise Product Master program
- Coordinate the workflows and usage of Enterprise Product Master (EPM) across all Thomson Reuters businesses and functional areas (marketing, sales, operations, finance, etc.)
- Define desired level of data quality to achieve in key product data measures that clearly supports strategic business goals
- Identify product data quality initiatives globally for Thomson Reuters
- Define and manage product data strategy globally for Thomson Reuters that aligns and enhances existing Thomson Reuters enterprise business strategy
- Develop and implement processes to govern, monitor and maintain high quality product data
- Define and create product insight reporting and product data quality metrics sourced from the Enterprise Data Warehouse
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Coordinates with existing data governance organizations and creates Pan-Thomson Reuters governance standards to complement and enhance existing programs
- Presents to senior management on status of data quality / update on key initiatives
- Creates and directly manages the Enterprise Product Master Group
- Owns and manages the Enterprise Product Master Thomson Reuters product data governance policy
- Leads projects to integrate source systems into Enterprise Product Master
- Manages efforts related to the storage, definition, structure and use of product data within Enterprise Product Master
- Regularly works with the business to understand critical data needs and related issues
- Leads cross-functional (virtual) teams in implementing corrective/preventative actions in collaboration with financial operations, marketing, sales and account management and customer care resources.
- Sets direction for data quality including identifying new/key initiatives
- Devises methodologies for acquiring, using, and managing product data.
- Coordinates with business data owners to define the acceptable data quality level based on the business processes for the specific following areas:
- Data Standardization
- Data Accuracy
- Data Coverage
- Level of duplicates
- Capacity of the data to support business processes
- Thomson Reuters Enterprise Product Hierarchy consideration
- Leads periodic data quality surveys. The objectives of the surveys are to measure the standardization of the data, the accuracy of the information, the level of duplicates, the coverage and the capacity of the data to support business processes
- Defines business cases/plans, resources and budgets for data improvements
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
- Bachelors Degree required
- Masters in Business Administration preferred
- Understanding of information technology processes, data modeling principles, development, testing and implementation needs
- Core understanding of data management issues; working knowledge of data architecture and data modeling
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Ability to make sound decisions, take independent action, analyze problems and lead business process efforts utilizing project management skills and effective team communication
- Strong process orientation
- Ability to achieve consensus
- Proven ability to achieve results
- Ability to collaborate and influence in a global environment
- 10 years of related business experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience implementing or managing a product master data management (MDM) or product information management (PIM) system and process
- Extensive process/project development experience; demonstrated leadership in managing various cross-functional teams
- Experience directly managing employees focusing on performance management and employee development
- Proven track record in process design and project management
- Knowledge on data quality management, quality measures and data analysis
- Comprehensive expertise on data improvement methodologies
- Knowledge of processes supporting data quality
- Knowledge of data quality technologies
- Experience with Informatica MDM, SAP, salesforce.com, Siebel
- Data de-duplication software
- Data warehousing
- Database and file manipulation and maintenance
- Familiarity with business unit strategies as they are dependent on and impacted by the availability and quality of product data
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to multitask
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top