Senior Digital Designer, Advertising
Business Unit: Reuters Consumer
Position Title: Senior Digital Designer, Advertising
Location: London, United Kingdom
Requisition No: JREQ095696
We're seeking a Senior Digital Designer, who's enthusiastic about creating engaging advertising creative across multiple platforms and interactive media. The role requires a collaborative nature, a superb aesthetic sense for what's appropriate in digital advertising, and a keen eye for details. Our ideal candidate seeks to understand the challenges and opportunities within today's digital landscape, has a passion for prototyping and executing new ideas, and gets excited at the prospect that it will be viewed by millions of users.
Ultimately, your experience and thought leadership will play a key role in defining the design and advertising experience across our sites and apps.
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Generating visuals and/or prototypes to support both proposals and executions, while working within the framework and guidelines of Reuters.com products
- Actively participate in ideation and brainstorming sessions to produce storyboards with sales teams
- Collaborate with partners to ensure design synergies between their product(s), site(s), and ours
- Determine arrangement of copy and assets with agencies, while adhering to advertisers' brand guidelines
- Adhere to strict deadlines to meet high demand of production requirements
- Partner with the broader product development teams to ensure your designs interoperate with the different platforms as intended
- Maintain and optimize your production assets to aid as explorations for others
- Perform any other design-related duties for sales, marketing, or product teams as assigned
To be considered, you must provide a portfolio demonstrating your thought process and creative output for brands and agencies. We want to sense your ability to distill knowledge, generate ideas, and arrive at a solution that adheres to an advertiser's campaigns, quickly and effectively. This position is full-time and located at Canary Wharf in London, UK.
- Sales Development leads and Sales Planners, primarily, to generate ideas and translate them into mockups and/or prototypes
- Product managers, to collaborate on project workstreams and timelines, and datafeeds needed for executing data-driven ad creative (if required)
- Engineering and Ad Operations, to integrate and test ad creative, then follow-up on reports post-launch to identify areas of improvement
- On occasion, meeting with external brands and agencies is helpful to brainstorm ideas and storyboards for a potential campaign
Skills & Competencies:
- Significant experience leading digital advertising design at a high-level, for both responsive web and mobile applications
- Excellent understanding of design principles using typography and image composition
- Proficiency with the Adobe Creative Suite, including After Effects (or similar); experience with Sketch and other prototyping software a plus
- Fluency with HTML5 and related front-end technologies
- Solid understanding of digital advertising standards, such as the IAB, MRC, and MOAT
- Ability to take initiative and work independently as needed
- Ability to manage multiple projects and effectively communicate timelines
- Strong visual and verbal communication skills as the role may involve -engagement with advertisers and brand agencies, in addition to internal stakeholders
- Experience working with rich media ad platforms - e.g. DoubleClick, Pictela/OneCreative, DART, Atlas, etc
- Experience editing video and audio
- Experience working in news media
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Graphic Design, Visual Communications, or a related field (preferred)
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Software Engineer, Centre of Cognitive Computing
Lisa works with other engineers to develop products that are powered by artificial intelligence and capable of machine learning. She also conducts research to identify new uses for existing company data.
Back to top