Senior Database Administrator
We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Position: Senior Database Administrator
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Writing code to drive system engineering activity such as system testing, load generation, instrumentation, log analysis, performance monitoring, error simulation and deep discovery of system properties.
- Conducting investigation across any system component and related systems to discover and rectify performance bottlenecks and sources of unreliability.
- Applying scientific principles of experimentation and measurement to system components to identify improvements to the configuration and architecture which improve reliability, performance and operability.
- Selection, design and tuning storage systems for reliability and performance.
- Provide 24x7 on-call support.
- SQL and PL/SQL programming.
- Database and SQL performance tuning.
- Knowledge of RAC, RMAN, ASM, Oracle 10G and 11G, Linux, Scripting.
- Knowledge of database physical and logical design principals.
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail.
- Strong communication (verbal and written), and interpersonal skills.
- Strong problem solving and technical troubleshooting skills.
- Extensive experience with database
- Extensive experience with Oracle
- Experience with Oracle ASM a strong plus
- Experience with RAC a strong plus
- Experience with various Linux O/S versions
- Programming experience including PL/SQL, SQL, SQL*PLUS, bash, C, python, perl, etc.
- Extensive experience in production environment supporting multiple 7x24 database systems
- Experience working within strong change management systems as they apply to ALL database changes
- Excellent communication skills are required, both written and oral.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to self-direct and prioritise.
- Ability to follow oral and written direction.
- Ability to solve problems.
- Ability to learn new concepts and skills and put them into use.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, colour, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.thomsonreuters.com.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top