Senior Data Scientist
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Being a customer-centric organization, we provide the best services for our customers by helping them to get the maximum advantage of our products like linked data repository 'Content Matrix-Well' (CM-Well), Thomson Reuters Intelligent tagging (TRIT), and Atlas - an entity-centric map of the world, built from unstructured & structured content.
- Have continuous interaction with the internal and external customers in identifying any gaps in products with respect to the customer expectations in various areas like languages, functional features and integration with third party tools.
- Be able to develop machine learning NLP toolkit to allow quick solutions of a large variety of NLP problems
- Scope and lead the build of proof-of-concepts / prototypes using data science techniques directly for TMS customers
- Conceive, develop, and test algorithms with tools like R, Python, etc.
- Build external and internal relationships with technology and business leaders, working closely with colleagues to identify and shape ideas into compelling proposals that engage stakeholders
- Present proof-of-concepts to customers and grow /maintain relationships with key academic groups and start-ups, acting as an ambassador for TMS organization
- Work with external and internal partners to identify and deliver Thomson Reuters data and tools needed to build prototypes and proof-of-concepts
Master's Degree or PhD in a relevant technical field, such as computer science, applied mathematics, etcExcellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithmsExperience with data visualization tools, such as D3.js, GGplot, etc.Experience with NoSQL databases, such as Cassandra, MongoDB, HBaseStrong quantitative skills, with solid grasp of key concepts in Probability, Statistics, Algorithm design, and Machine LearningFamiliarity with standard NLP techniques and experience in applying them to text-related problems
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top