Senior Data Conversion Engineer
- Write SQL code to perform data conversion needs in support of the Thomson Reuters Aumentum and other products.
- Perform database and system administration tasks to support the data conversion and implementation of Thomson Reuters Aumentum.
- Use Thomson Reuters import tools to build and convert customer data into a final solution.
- Perform data conversion analysis, SQL scripting, reporting and documentation to support project data conversion needs
- Lead data mapping and conversion quality assurance processes.
- Work closely with Thomson Reuters implementation engineering resources and resolve implementation, calculation and conversion issues.
- Ability to write code to test interfaces and web services a plus.
- Follow and improve an overall project implementation methodology.
- Work with or lead others to establish success criteria and act as the point of contact for the customer project deliverables when assigned.
- Develop and execute testing scenarios, testing data, test plans and scripts.
- Assist or lead in the transfer of data from disparate data sources into relational databases using vendor tools such as Microsoft SSIS if needed.
- Assure quality control during system implementation.
- Trouble-shoot and resolve technical problems in conjunction with the Quality Assurance and Support groups.
- Bachelor degree in computer or business-related field plus a minimum of five years database related work experience
- Five years SQL experience with SQL or Oracle or enterprise database required
- Knowledge of the property assessment and taxation industry is a plus
- Project Management experience or understanding is a plus
- Advanced computer skills and data analysis
- Report writing software experience is a plus
- Excellent communication, organization and interpersonal skills
- Business travel up to 50% is required with frequency determined at the supervisor's discretion
- May require extended work schedules, tight deadlines and conflicting priorities
- Must be able to work in a variety of social, cultural, legal, and political environments
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Carrollton-Texas-United States of America
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Software Engineer, Centre of Cognitive Computing
Lisa works with other engineers to develop products that are powered by artificial intelligence and capable of machine learning. She also conducts research to identify new uses for existing company data.
Back to top