Senior Data Analyst
The Data Analyst Specialist will be responsible for the creation of quality data records, documentation, load files and data transformation. Accountable for understanding impact of data in upstream and downstream processes (order processing, billing, entitlement, collections).
The Data Analyst should also be able to globally collaborate and communicate directly and effectively across various level of leadership in functional and technology areas. These activities would include but not be limited to the following:
• Understand and communicate data requirements and needs.
• Drive and gather conversion mapping rules (business rules analysis) with business partners; including ad hoc meetings and workshops as appropriate
• Extract data from several sources
• Build cross reference/lookup rules and understand data relationships
• Transform data to target format and create load files
• Perform iterative analysis and work to refine rules and process in order to load data into target environments for multiple cut-overs
• Develop validation plans • Perform validation activities and report and document results
• Work with cross functional teams to trouble shoot load/pre-load data issues and support error resolution
• Manage and track conversion statistics and values and relevant reports as needed
• Prepare and execute data cleansing reports and activities as needed pre and post conversion.
This position is located in Bangalore and will work with a global team. This position requires an individual who can communicate well with a global team. Understanding and navigating the time zone and communication challenges endemic to working with teams across multiple locations is essential to success for this individual. This individual should have 4+ years experience working with data analysis. Knowledge and skills required to accomplish this include but are not limited to:
• Experience in Agile frameworks helpful
• Experience with data conversion protocols • Experience with Extract Transform and Load software such as Alteryx (or other ETL software)
• Experience with different file types (example: csv, text, Excel)
• SAP experience desirable • Experience with SQL language
• Passionate about and understands data quality
• Analytical and problem solving skills
• Demonstrates curiosity and business acumen • Collaborates across time zones well
• Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously; flexible, and adaptable to change
• Strong leadership (e.g. decisiveness, act in line with company values and integrity, deal with and lead through ambiguity).
• Builds effective relationships and partners with others to develop joint solutions.
• Deals with internal & external customers and situations with a professional and resourceful manner for resolution.
• Able to effectively navigate and perform in dynamic environments.
• Communicates well across business capabilities
• Able to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
• Self Starter and self motivated • Experience working with different cultures
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Software Engineer, Centre of Cognitive Computing
Lisa works with other engineers to develop products that are powered by artificial intelligence and capable of machine learning. She also conducts research to identify new uses for existing company data.
Back to top