Senior Cyber Security Engineer
This role sits within our Financial & Risk ("F&R") business. On January 30, 2018, Thomson Reuters announced that it signed a definitive agreement to enter into a strategic partnership with private equity funds managed by Blackstone related to the company's F&R business. As part of the transaction, Thomson Reuters has agreed to sell a 55% majority stake in Financial & Risk and will retain a 45% interest in the business. Thomson Reuters will maintain full ownership of its Legal, Tax & Accounting and the Reuters News businesses. The transaction is expected to close in the second half of the year and is subject to specified regulatory approvals and customary closing conditions. When the transaction closes, this role will be included in the new F&R entity. Further information on this can be found at https://www.thomsonreuters.com/en/press-releases/2018/january/thomson-reuters-and-blackstone-announce-strategic-partnership-for-thomson-reuters-financial-and-risk-business.html
F&R is looking for a few highly skilled cyber security specialists to help staff a new location in the central business district of downtown Hoboken. This new facility will be home to a number of critical cyber security disciplines, designed to improve the overall security posture of F&R- including its assets, data and operations. Be part of an exciting, fast-paced environment that will help F&R strengthen its position.
We are currently seeking an Senior Cyber Security Engineer to be located in our new Cyber Fusion Center in Hoboken, NJ. This position will report into the Vice President, Security Engineering in F&R's Information Security & Risk Management Organization. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to learn and provide skilled technical support for our infrastructure security toolset as well as our future security services within the technical operations environment.
- Key part of the 24/7 (follow-the-sun) security operational support team
- Operational 2rd line support of security tools and infrastructure. This will include Anti-malware tools (McAfee, FireEye), encryption and DLP tools (Vormetric and Symantec), Active Directory and Trend Deep Security Manager.
- 2nd level operational support includes, responding to alerts, troubleshooting, root cause analysis and problem resolution to meet customer and SLA needs.
- Act as an interface with the other IT disciplines inside the larger organization, including network engineering, storage engineering, systems management engineering, and platform engineering to provide resolution of service issues.
- Working with our partners to define and apply security configurations for the services offered by ISRM.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Security, Computer Science or equivalent; or 4 years comparable work/military experience a plus
- 3+ years of operational security engineering experience in large scale environment with diverse technologies
- 2+ years of work experience in Information Technology
- Experience supporting as least 2 of the above tools e.g. anti-malware and Active Directory
- Systems administration experience in Windows or Linux Servers.
- Understanding of basic TCP/IP principles and current LAN technology,
- Knowledge of and experience with Active Directory or anti-malware tools, in a large corporate environment, is an advantage.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills (oral / written).
- Intermediate understanding of network technologies such as TCP/IP, IDS/IPS, firewalls, LAN/WAN, routing and switching.
- Intermediate knowledge of the following platforms in an enterprise environment to include: Windows, Linux/Unix, Mac OS, iOS, Android, Active Directory, etc.
- Intermediate knowledge of Cloud technologies such as AWS and Azure
- Basic knowledge of Security Standards/Controls specified under various IT governance and compliance models (NIST, HIPAA, PCI, GDPR, ISO 27001&27002).
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 15%
- Certifications such as Security+, CISSP, and CISM
- Knowledge of scripting languages (vbscript, PowerShell, Python, etc.)
- Enterprise experience in any Identity Management system including LDAP services
- Knowledge of and experience with Storage technologies, Monitoring tools, and Microsoft SQL.
- Knowledge of and experience with virtualization platforms (VMware, Hyper V)
- Knowledge of and experience with AD Recovery and Auditing tools including Recovery Manager and Change Auditor.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Hoboken-New Jersey-United States of America
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Software Engineer, Centre of Cognitive Computing
Lisa works with other engineers to develop products that are powered by artificial intelligence and capable of machine learning. She also conducts research to identify new uses for existing company data.
Back to top