Thomson Reuters LPC, the world's leading source of information on syndicated loans, is looking for an experienced, knowledgeable and motivated senior journalist to cover North Asia - specifically China, Hong Kong, Taiwan and Macau - which are home to some of Asia's biggest companies and multi-billion dollar acquisition deals.
The successful candidate will cover the $225 billion Greater China market comprising China, Hong Kong, Taiwan and Macau for Loan Pricing Corp, IFR and Reuters newswire, breaking news and writing analysis for all Thomson Reuters brands, including real-time services and publications. Greater China is the biggest contributor to loan volumes in Asia and Chinese and Taiwanese banks are among the most active lenders. The private nature of the loan market means that well-connected journalists are able to break exclusive news on jumbo M&A deals and play a leading role in many of the region's biggest corporate finance, debt capital markets, banking and regulatory stories.
Recent high-profile stories include the HK$23 billion sale of some assets belonging to Hong Kong's Link REIT, the HK$7.14 billion loan for the leveraged buyout of Hutchison Global Communications as well as thematic stories including challenges for China Inc amid the regulatory clampdown on capital outflows and the financing opportunities arising out of China's One Belt, One Road initiative.
We are looking for a flexible reporter with strong people and communication skills who is comfortable talking to senior loan bankers. The successful candidate will be able to work independently to develop strong relationships with IFR and Reuters colleagues and liaise across teams on crossover stories.
- Breaking news on Thomson Reuters LPC and IFR's real time services and Reuters wire
- Ensuring a daily flow of information on new deals - pricing, terms, allocations and themes - is covered in a timely and efficient manner across the products
- Proactive approach to generating content written for expert and non-expert clients
- Establishing and maintaining close contact with Asian and international banks, lawyers, analysts, treasurers and government officials
- Exercising sound news judgment on what moves markets and why
- At least five years experience in finance or media
- Cantonese and Mandarin essential
- Proficient in Chinese translation
- Relevant financial reporting experience, newswire experience a plus
- Track record of breaking news and excellent writing and analytical skills to interpret fact and opinion
- Flexibility and ability to handle multiple priorities and deadlines
- General knowledge of companies, financial markets, investment banking and macroeconomics
- Solid organisational, communication and interpersonal skills
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Hong Kong-Hong Kong
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Software Engineer, Centre of Cognitive Computing
Lisa works with other engineers to develop products that are powered by artificial intelligence and capable of machine learning. She also conducts research to identify new uses for existing company data.
Back to top