Senior Content Analyst
Project Summary and Position Overview (A detaileddescription of the project and what the position entails must beincluded):
At Thomson Reuters, we deliver intelligent informationquickly and efficiently, so professionals have knowledge to act. We combineindustry expertise with innovative technology to deliver critical informationto leading decision makers in the financial, legal, tax and accounting,intellectual property and scientific, healthcare, and media markets, powered bythe world's most trusted news organization.
Fixed Income Content team is responsible for collection,maintenance, analysis and dissemination of high quality information. Theprofile pertains to research and sourcing of entity level information, Terms & Conditionsand ratings data for fixed income securities from various sources and updatingthe same to a common database. Fixed Income group handles different bonds assetclasses like Eurobonds, Corporate Bonds, Municipal bonds, Treasury Auctions,Medium Term Notes, Agency bonds, Certificate of Deposits etc. This alsoincludes maintenance of dynamic and scheduled information on the database whichsupports data across Thomson Reuters products and services.
Essential Day-to-Day Responsibilities:
- Validatethe accuracy of data received from various sources. Ensure that thisinformation is stored in Thomson Reuters databases and is accurately reflectedon products by creating or running data quality checks and standards.
- To planand fulfill data enhancements and quality improvement project activities
- Ensurethe quality and time-efficient production of financial information to ThomsonReuters products.
- Respondto data queries from both internal and external clients and provide support tostakeholders.
- Monitorand research Fixed Income market events in order to anticipate changes. Ensurea deep understanding of the markets and business events.
- Work withand involve cross functional teams to provide Root Cause Analysis to identifysolutions in problem areas.
- Consolidateinformation around the dataset leading to the establishment of best practices.
- Coach andtrain analysts on data issues, databases & products.
- Imparttraining to the new joinees on the dataset.
- Frequentlyrun automated/semi-automated checks to ensure production of high qualitycontent.
- EnsureMOW's are documented and maintained.
- Coordinateand Delegate work as per team requirements.
- Proactivelyresearch and identify New Issue sources (or) ways to improve coverage of thesame.
- Identifyopportunities for Efficiencies that can streamline the existing processes.
- Contributionto FI Procedures, QC Group, PEX hour, DCSR and SMA Forums
Additional Information (e.g. shift resource, % work that isdevelopment vs. maintenance, etc.):
- Abilityto work in Night shifts
- BachelorsDegree (preferably in Finance, Economics, Commerce, Business Management or arelated analytical field)
Required Skills (Must have), Necessary industry experienceand associated number of years of experience:
- Goodknowledge about/understanding of Fixed Income data/market.
- Stronginterest in Fixed Income market data and awareness of process structure ofvarious Fixed Income teams.
- Abilityto work effectively within a team environment.
- Stronginterpersonal and communication skills are essential, as is an ability to workunder the pressure of tight deadlines.
- Wellversed with MS-Office applications especially MS-Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
- Abilityto work with and navigate Thomson Reuters products.
- Knowledgeof SQL is mandatory.
- Abilityto work in shifts.
- Shouldhave completed at least 12 months in the current role.
Involvement in Process Improvement ( Initiated or completed White Belt or GreenBelt , Enhancement Projects )
At Thomson Reuters, webelieve what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by theimpact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe inwinning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing throughchallenging and meaningful experiences. With over 55,000 colleagues in morethan 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovationsthat help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic,evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving ourperformance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver onour goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees inall our operations around the world regardless of race, gender, nationalorigin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, or any other protectedclassification under country or local law.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Comejoin us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visitcareers.thomsonreuters.com.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found onthomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top