Senior Consultant – Business Analysis, FTA
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Thomson Reuters is currently seeking a self motivated FTA Implementation Consultant to join our ONESOURCE Global Trade Professional Services team. The consultant is responsible for implementing and delivering our software implementation projects, working closely with other project team members, project managers and partner consulting teams.
The consultant specializes in the setup, configuration and implementation of the ONESOURCE FTA module in the ONESOURCE Global Trade software.
During a project implementation, the consultant will have responsibility of delivering the project thru the major phases including Requirements, Design, Software Configuration, Integrations, Testing and Production Go-Live.
- Project Setup, Installation, Configuration and Implementation of ONESOURCE Global Trade Software including Requirements, Design, Software Configuration, Integrations, Testing and Production Go-Live.
- Country specific "Rules of Origin" analysis
1) Analyze rules of origin of the countries concerned for solution implementation
2) Research local rules and regulations with regard to relevant FTAs to establish requirements for solution implementation
- Accounting and customs analysis
1) Interview, analyze and interpret on client-specific work processes with regard to management BOM, purchases, sales, costs, etc.
2) Conduct analysis on production processes of customer's products
3) Conduct analysis on BOM of products concerned (differences in various BOMs of the company)
4) Conduct analysis on purchase processes and customs valuation of materials purchased (imported), in conformity with FTA rules and regulations
5) Conduct analysis on sales processes, sales price and inco-terms, in conformity with FTA rules and regulations
6) Conduct analysis on cost accounting processes, inventory management and cost of materials used
7) Conduct analysis on HS Code management of products and materials concerned
- Simulation and impact analysis
1) Conduct origin determination simulation on products concerned
2) Analyze on impact of FTA duty reduction resulting from proper origin determination
3) Propose a organizational structure of FTA working group for future FTA compliance work with respect to the solution
- Blueprint and post management
1) Analyze supply chain with regard to management of suppliers for FTA purposes
2) Prioritize suppliers to manage and assist the client to establish training plans for the suppliers
- Bachelor's degreerequired. Relevant areas: International Trade, Trade/customsrelated law, International Logistics, IT, or related areas
- Prior experiencewithin corporate international trade compliance department, Big 4 internationaltrade practice, customs brokerage, or logistics firm
- The ideal candidatemust have extensive experience in international trade processes specifically in the domain of free trade agreement compliance.
- Flexibility totravel 35 – 50% to customer locations.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top