Senior Compliance Analyst
The Information Security Risk Management (ISRM) group protects the information assets of Thomson Reuters through managing risk, deploying effective security risk framework and ensuring regulatory compliance.
We are looking for a Senior Compliance Analyst who will coordinate, plan, and execute information technology compliance audits across Thomson Reuters' business units.
- Develop and provide controls, standards, process improvement recommendations, technical guidance and awareness for information technology compliance.
- Assess vendors against corporate technology policies.
- Research, interpret, develop, maintain, and apply compliance regulations and control descriptions for information technology audits such as ISO 9001 (Quality Management System), ISO 27001 (Information Security Management System), Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX), Payment Card Industry (PCI), Service Organization Control (SOC), Policy, etc.
- Execute on all aspects of information technology audit efforts including planning, preparation, audit reports, field work, and follow-up activities.
- Participate in risk mitigation sessions for new projects or processes and ensure that all significant regulatory risks are identified and accounted for appropriately.
- Maintain position as a subject matter expert in current and new information technology compliance laws and best practices.
- Improve the organization's information technology compliance awareness and understanding of business impact.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Education: Bachelor's degree required
- Experience: 3 years related work experience, including 2 years in Information Technology and 1-2 years in IT Audit.
- Certifications: CISA (Certified Information Systems Auditor), and/or CIA (Certified Internal Auditor) preferred
- Technology, personal effectiveness and organizational skills
- Familiarity with audit and standards processes including ISO, PCI, Sarbanes-Oxley, and SOC 1/2/3.
- Practical experience with the identification and remediation of compliance and security vulnerabilities.
- Thorough knowledge of technology platforms, products and services.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate at all levels in the organization.
- Demonstrated strong problem-solving skills.
- Personal responsibility, in partnership with management, for career and development goals.
- Strong project management skills.
- Exhibited leadership in the knowledge and application of compliance initiatives.
- Ability to set project scope, delegate tasks and deliver quality results.
Accountability: Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
Contacts and Relationships: Position requires frequent contact with senior management, external auditors, software engineers, product development groups and technology operations.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top