Senior Competition Writer
Practical Law is a time-saving legal guidance and know-how solution, empowering law firms and legal departments to act with confidence through the practical guides, precedents, and legal updates . The innovative work environment spans both the legal and technology industries, and offers genuine work life balance within a supportive culture. You will be part of a high calibre team comprised of ex-top tier and senior in-house lawyers with substantial practicing experience.
As Senior Lawyer Writer you will use your practical expertise gained as a senior competition lawyer to plan, write and develop premium quality content resources to be used by practicing lawyers.
In this highly collaborative role, you work closely with the other writing teams and specialists from other disciplines, such as IT, business development or marketing and also with our lawyers in other jurisdictions. The role will see you:
- Plan, research, write, draft, edit and maintain premium quality know-how resources including practice notes, standard documents, checklists and drafting notes.
- Support internal peer review processes to ensure content is legally correct, kept continuously updated and maintained to reflect all relevant legal developments and reflect current market practice.
- Keep up to-date with the law and monitor legal, practice and market developments.
- Maintain relationships with the market to ensure the highest standards of content relevancy and currency.
- Assist in the development and publication of commissioned content authored by commercial lawyers in private practice and in-house legal teams.
- Engaging with clients and participating in sales meetings, demonstrating know-how resources to potential subscribers.
To be successful in this role you will need to meet following requirements:
- Admitted to practice as a lawyer in Australia, with minimum of 5 years PQE gained at a top-tier or highly regarded mid-tier firm, in an in-house corporate counsel role or at a relevant government regulatory agency.
- Experience in competition law, ideally with broad experience of advising on competition law matter types, covering at least some of the following: acquisitions and merger clearance, cartel conduct, anti-competitive agreements and other restrictive trade practices, Australian Consumer Law issues, competition law procedure, enforcement and remedies, access regimes and sector specific regulation.
- An interest and passion for writing, technology and commercial legal practice.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Pyrmont-New South Wales-Australia
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Software Engineer, Centre of Cognitive Computing
Lisa works with other engineers to develop products that are powered by artificial intelligence and capable of machine learning. She also conducts research to identify new uses for existing company data.
Back to top