Senior Cloud Software Engineer
- Toronto, Canada
This role is In the Data Engine Platform (DEP) where we handle all of the data-related problems to do with the Thomson Reuters suite of products (starting with tax). This team is responsible for developing an API-first strategy to release new data products and enhance existing products by using data related technologies.
Every product team depends on us and we're changing the way Thomson Reuters builds and operates software.
You'll be working primarily with:
- Public Cloud Technologies - Primarily AWS, but could also be in Azure and/or GCP
- Writing clean code - primarily in Python but possibly in Java
- Docker, Kubernetes and serverless (Lambda/Functions)
- Extreme collaboration with all product teams; transparency is a must!
- Establish best practices for developers and Ops folks alike
- Ensure consistency with cloud architectural guiding principles for assigned projects
- Keep up-to-date with emerging cloud technology trends
- Building cloud native applications and services on Google, Azure or AWS
- Developing REST APIs using Python and/or Java
- Experience with "Big Data" PaaS technologies such as Athena, Redshift, BigQuery, CosmosDB and/or Azure Data Warehouse
- Thrives working collaboratively and transparently - a prerequisite for cloud engineers
Do you want to be part of a team helping re-invent the way knowledge professionals work? How about a team that works every day to create a more transparent, just and inclusive future? At Thomson Reuters, we've been doing just that for almost 160 years. Our industry-leading products and services include highly specialized information-enabled software and tools for legal, tax, accounting and compliance professionals combined with the world's most global news services - Reuters. We help these professionals do their jobs better, creating more time for them to focus on the things that matter most: advising, advocating, negotiating, governing and informing.
We are powered by the talents of 25,000 employees across more than 75 countries, where everyone has a chance to contribute and grow professionally in flexible work environments that celebrate diversity and inclusion. At a time when objectivity, accuracy, fairness and transparency are under attack, we consider it our duty to pursue them. Sound exciting? Join us and help shape the industries that move society forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Back to top