Senior Cloud Security Engineer
Thomson Reuters' Information Security & Risk Management (ISRM) team is looking for an experienced technical Senior Cloud Security Engineer that will create automation deployment tooling for the ISRM team and develop secure cloud patterns and documentation to be used by all enterprise functions. You will create new code and contribute to the current code base which manages our public cloud resources. Members of the team will on occasion participate in paired programming sessions. In addition you will also test, review and deploy code via automated pipelines.
Essential Role and Responsibilities include:
- Experience operating and developing infrastructure and services in one or both public cloud environments: Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure
- Experienced in automating software build, deployment and server configuration management using tools such as Puppet, Jenkins & Git
- Knowledge & Experience of modern agile development methodologies
- Exposure to DevOps practices and automation of software testing, delivery and infrastructure changes
- Self-motivated and self-directed, ability to translate technical direction into functional solutions
- Ability to work effectively in a globally distributed team, managing multiple priorities while collaborating with cross-functional teams
- Proven ability to investigate complex issues spanning multiple technologies and drive to completion
- Work with others to provide operations support to the services and systems created.
- A four-year degree or equivalent work experience.
At least 3 plus years' experience with the following:
- Experience in cloud computing based services architecture, technical design and implementations. Must have accessed the cloud within the last 3 days.
- Hands on experience in at least one public cloud service - Amazon Web Services (AWS), MS Azure, Google Cloud
- Strong knowledge in software engineering comprising of build release management, software configuration, design, development and implementation.
- Experience in developing IaaS development toolkits
- Expertise in Windows and Linux system administration, databases (relational and NoSQL) and networking infrastructure and services (routing, switching, DNS, NTP)
- Experience with security related regulatory requirements, such as NIST, PCI, ISO 27001, HIPAA compliance
- Exposure with automation tools like Jenkins, Ansible, Chef, and Puppet.
- Strong ability to document design patterns in a coherent manor for peers to follow
- Proven ability to understand others approaches to solving problems, and guide them into a secure thought pattern
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Back to top