Senior Carbon Market Analyst - Europe (EU ETS)
We are seeking a Senior Carbon Market Analyst to join our team of highly regarded forecasters covering the European carbon market in Oslo, Norway. The key task for the carbon analyst will be to analyse and forecast market developments in the European Emission Trading System (EU ETS). The candidate will be part of a team responsible for the market commentary and trading analysis, price forecasting and writing market reports for Thomson Reuters' Eikon clients.
The candidate should have a deep understanding of commodity trading, preferably within the energy and/or carbon markets, excellent analytical and writing skills and a creative mind-set. The candidate should also possess excellent communication skills allowing for frequent interaction with clients and international media. The successful candidate will be self-motivated, inquisitive, resourceful and independent, whilst also enjoying working as part of the team of analysts based in Oslo, Norway.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Keep track of daily market developments in the European carbon market and turn the information into relevant analytics for our clients
- Take an active role in reaching out to explain and discuss market movements to our clients
- With the rest of the team, provide short- and long-term price forecasts for the European carbon market
- Contribute to corporate thought-leadership through publications on external blogs, magazines and Twitter, through media outreach and through presentations at external events
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
- Master's Degree or an equivalent with a background in (environmental) economics, business administration, finance, mathematics
- Minimum of 2-4 years of experience as a market analyst or trader, preferably within carbon and energy markets
- Critical thinking and analytical skills
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- High attention to detail, self-motivated, independent and with ability to initiate new research ideas
- Excellent English writing skills with the ability to explain complicated topics clearly and concisely
- Technical analysis skills and experience from an energy trading environment advantageous
- Passion for climate policy and thought leadership
- Competitive salary and benefits
- An inspiring working environment with highly skilled analysts in energy and environmental markets
- Access to a broad international network
- Location: Oslo (Bjørvika), Norway
Please apply as soon as possible.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top