Senior Business Strategy Analyst
Thomson Reuters is the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals. We combine industry expertise with innovative technology to deliver critical information to leading decision makers in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
As a business analyst, you will help drive the Financial and Risk Trading Proposition for Exchange Traded Instruments (ETI Trading). You will be responsible for assisting in directing the business strategy and devising of trading solutions. You will complement the development and product lifecycle of trading solutions, ranging from trade workflows, across asset classes, to trading platforms, and more. You will work with highly energetic cross-functional teams to drive the proposition strategy and vet product and go to market plans, and then work closely with all respective teams to drive the execution of the roadmap. You will bridge the client and product worlds as you build new services and then manage their value propositions and commercials success. Specifically, this role is responsible for the collection and managing relevant intelligence including usage, market trends, competitive market intelligence and revenues and providing strategic and financial analysis for deals and transactions.
- Manage opportunities, working closely with both client-facing teams and development teams to deliver quality products.
- Financial modeling for investment case/budgeting/funding requests
- Creation of Strategy Presentations for SLT & ELT review
- Market sizing analysis to determine "where to play" strategy
- Analysis of usage data to determine product utilization
- Capture & analyze win/loss commentary for market feedback
- Analysis of current commercial policy & price points in the market
- Understand the competitive landscape and help develop a comprehensive proposition strategy
- Represent the product in presentations and meetings, internally and externally
- Direct and influence cross-functional teams in order to ensure dependencies for proposition, product or service delivery are met
- Work across a peer group of Product and Proposition Managers to understand the respective roadmaps
- Business analyst / Quant/ Management consultant and Product Manager experience preferred
- Mature communications ability, with effective presentation skills and the capability to lead, persuade and gain organizational support
- Experience in relevant industry; background and understanding of financial markets
- Strong data and analytical skills
- Passion for customer centricity, excellent relationship management and inter personal skills
- A highly collaborative individual with a strong service ethic and the ability to work well across boundaries and manage the needs of multiple stakeholders
- At least 2-3 years' relevant experience in financial analysis role (preferably in the Banking / Information Provider industry) with strong analytical skills especially in various financial instruments trading in Financial Markets (eg Equities, Fixed Income, Derivatives, Commodities and Energy, FX etc)
- Trading background and/or knowledge of buy-side workflows a plus
- Good PC Knowledge, especially in the areas of databases and spreadsheet software such as Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Project, Visio, PowerPoint etc.
Bachelors of Arts or Sciences,Business, Economics, International Business studies, Financial Markets preferred
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top