Senior Business Intelligence Analyst
Your Impact at Thomson Reuters
The Senior Business Intelligence Analyst is a key member of the Small Law Firm marketing team and will support key initiatives to drive profitable growth and inform business decisions for the small law firm businesses. The Senior Business Intelligence Analyst will work closely with Customer and Product Marketing, Marketing Analytics, Strategy, Finance, and Channel partners to discover previously hidden insights for our business which in turn can provide stronger sales and revenue growth, drive competitive advantages, and address pressing business issues. Projects will include detailed analysis and dashboard reporting related to sales, renewals, retention, customers, and products.
- Lead a wide variety of detailed analytical projects that result in actionable recommendations, key insight development, and/or simplification of processes
- Create and maintain high quality and timely reports, presentations, and dashboards for key performance indicators appropriate for review by senior level management
- Identify opportunities to improve existing analyses, predictive models, and reports by leveraging business intelligence and data visualization tools such as SAP Business Objects and Tableau to maximize productivity
- Develop effective partnerships and work closely with stakeholders to translate ambiguous requirements into reporting deliverables, communicate relevant insights, and assist in the implementation of strategies
- Other analytical work as assigned
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
- 5 years' experience with increasing responsibility in advanced analytical work, preferably in areas such as customer/marketing analytics, sales/revenue analysis, or finance
- Critical thinker with investigative mindset and ability to understand business needs and problems in order to apply data assets and analyses to address business issues
- Adept in data sourcing, data mining, working with large data sets, and combining data from disparate sources
- Demonstrated ability to summarize and present analysis findings in a clear, actionable manner
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple time-sensitive action items and work cross-functionally with relevant stakeholders
- Excellent business intelligence and dashboard skills, especially Tableau, SAP Business Objects, and SQL
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, especially Excel, Access, PowerPoint
- Excellent pattern recognition skills and attention to detail
- Understanding of core marketing and financial principles underlying sales and retention cycles
- High levels of integrity, autonomy, self-motivation, optimism, and good-humor
- General knowledge in the following areas a plus: Thomson Reuters Legal products including Westlaw, Practical Law, and Firm Central and related reporting systems (SAP Business Objects, Salesforce.com)
- Undergraduate degree in business analytics, finance, marketing, or other related field required
- MBA preferred
- Statistical background a plus
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top