Senior Business Analyst - SAP
We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Position Title: Senior Business Analyst
Business Unit: EBS Tech Ops
Product or Service: SAP ERP
The EBS Business Analyst function bridges the gap between business and technology by possessing a strong understanding of both domains. BAs engage with stakeholders to understand desired outcomes and elicit requirements, translating them into functionality that can be implemented by EBS's delivery team. They achieve this using knowledge of existing business environment and process, strategic business goals, and technology capability, combining these with architectural strategy, in order to formulate proposed change.
We are looking for strong Business Analyst who is a self starter working in a bigger project team and able to drive their assigned projects forward. You'll engage directly with stakeholders and other subject matter experts, to gather outcomes and requirements, documenting in standard templates, challenging where necessarily to identify the highest value change.
Main Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Through our project lifecycle:
- Demand Assessment – assist Senior and Lead Analyst formulate functional requirements and assessing risks.
- Business Planning – begin eliciting business requirements and modeling processes (as-is/to-be, using Business Processing Mapping), recording in standard documentation, and socialising the project with other EBS teams i.e. Architecture, Delivery and Support.
- Definition and Design – attending workshops to evolve scope, gather detailed requirements, develop use cases and begin visualizing the end result, using standard tools and techniques.
- Delivery and Deployment – assessing and managing Change Requests through the standard process. Assist testing teams craft suitable test scripts.
- Use templates, tools and (internal) processes consistently, helping evolve all as required
- Develops and maintains a good relationship with business stakeholders – acting as their advocate, plus other EBS project team members
- Maintains a good understanding of industry trends around Order-to-cash processes and Business Analysis techniques.
- Remain familiar with company news, policies, products and culture. Keep mandatory training up to date.
- Strong stakeholder holder management, with confidence to challenge preconceptions of outcomes and solutions
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Proven commercial experience as a business analyst, having worked on multiple technology or business projects or programs
- Good communication, presentation and customer engagement skills
- Strong experience in business analysis techniques, such as gathering requirements through interviews and workshops, or modeling processes and use cases.
- Demonstrable experience working throughout a project lifecycle, engaging with various stakeholders and managing and/or reviewing appropriate project documentation
Desired Skills and Experience:
- A good understanding of software development lifecycles and methodologies
- Good familiarity with project management and architecture disciplines
- Ability to lead single individual project from inception to commitment / delivery
- Commercial experience as a business analyst, having worked on multiple technology or business projects or programs.
- Project experience that involved interfaces
- Proficient with business analysis tools and Microsoft Office products
- University Degree
- Certification in Business Analysis, by a recognisable institution, is a plus
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 60,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.thomsonreuters.com.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top