Senior Business Analyst - Salesforce
We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Position Title: Senior Business Analyst
Business Unit: Enterprise Business Systems
Product or Service:
- Coordinates small/medium projects or components of large projects often with competing priorities.
- Exercises judgment in executing within defined procedures and practices.
- Operates with little instruction on day-to-day complex work with some technical or managerial guidance.
- Acts as an escalation point for functional teams or business units.
- Identifies and participates in implementing changes to existing processes to improve delivery of BA services and procedures.
The EBS Senior Business Analyst role bridges the gap between business and technology by possessing a strong understanding of both domains. They engage with stakeholders to understand desired outcomes and elicit requirements, translating them into functionality that can be implemented by EBS. They achieve this using knowledge of existing business environment and process, strategic business goals, and technology capability, combining these with architectural strategy, in order to formulate proposed change. They then help deliver change through projects, partnering with architects, project managers and developers, using suitable delivery methodologies (such as waterfall, iterative or agile).
In this position, you will operate as a Senior Business Analyst role with a focus on providing support against sales and service initiatives, based largely on our SFDC platform. Example projects might be:
- A enterprise wide Program to rollout a consistent set of Customer Service processes, to differing business units, attending to challenges and gaps with legacy solutions
- Consolidation of SFDC instances in the Latin America region, post the acquisition of a number of business across multiple countries running different instanecs
- EBS is currently shifting to a more agile working methodology. Existing experience working in this environment would be highly desirable.
Main Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Builds a trusted relationship with stakeholders, becoming an advocate for their needs, and being proactive in developing a strong understanding of their business environment, strategies and goals.
- Represent EBS with Consultative approach to understand business pain areas and help guide stakeholders to adopt Enterprise Sales/Service processes
- Partner with business sponsors to effectively identify a desired future state that addresses the business problem. Understand business outcomes in the context of requirements and accurately screen and compare requirements based on how well they satisfy business objectives.
- Elicit business outcomes and requirements, translating these into functional requirements for technical teams to build and implement system solution.
- Continually verify requirements individually and collectively through the project lifecycle, writing formal specifications, use cases, process workflow, communicating such documentation with stakeholders and technology teams. Ensure scope and change management processes are followed.
- Allow flexibility between automation and processes. Use Business Process Mapping (BPM) to create a roadmap for automation of processes and identifies new solutions to improve team effectiveness.
- Coordinates analysis and alignment of stakeholder's requirements and facilitates requirements prioritization, ultimately advising business stakeholders on implementation options by collaborating with solution delivery teams – Developers, Architects, Project Managers, and Quality Assurance.
- Builds a trusted relationship with technical teams, becoming an advocate for impact to their domain, understanding delivery roadmaps, identifying dependencies between initiatives and negotiating change to meet business outcomes.
- Maintaining the company culture, acting responsibly, ethically and operates with diversity in all actions.
- Assists testing teams in the translation of requirements into test cases and ensures application architecture and systems functionality meets business requirements.
- Develops an awareness of the Thomson Reuters Company and its products and services.
- Develops and maintains a comprehensive awareness and understanding of all technologies enabling the business processes supported by the Business Analysts team with a specific focus on SFDC CRM.
- Sales and Service Process Owners
- Director of Sales Operations
- Director of Service Operations
- Business Relationship Mangers
- Project Managers
- Enterprise Architect
- Solution Architect
- Delivery Teams
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Proven commercial experience as a Senior Business Analyst, having worked on multiple technology or business projects or programs.
- Strong experience in business analysis techniques, such as gathering requirements through interviews and workshops, or modeling processes and use cases.
- Demonstrable experience working throughout a project lifecycle, engaging with various stakeholders and managing and/or reviewing appropriate project documentation.
- Strong stakeholder holder management, with confidence to challenge preconceptions of outcomes and solutions.
- Experience with the Salesforce.com CRM solutions and supporting front office systems (Sales, Marketing, Call Center). Exposure/hands on experience with a variety of CRM technologies is a plus.
- Experience with multiple large implementation using Agile methodology, potentially working across geographical location and partnering with offshore delivery vendors
- Expertise in Complex Integration projects particularly Salesforce.com
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Good communication, presentation and customer engagement skills
- A good understanding of software development lifecycles and methodologies
- Good familiarity with project management and architecture disciplines
- Proficient with business analysis tools and Microsoft Office products
- Exposer to Lead to Cash process with in a large organisation
- Hands on Salesforce.com configuration experience
- Degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent experience
- Certification in Business Analysis, by a recognisable institution, is a plus
- Salesforce.com Administration Certification
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 60,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.thomsonreuters.com.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top