Senior Business Analyst
- Review, analyze, and evaluate business systems and user needs covering multiple Thomson Reuters' networks and products. The primary purpose is the collection, certification, and dissemination of stock exchange and contributed data.
- Work on multiple project types: additions, mandatory day-1 changes, modifications, enhancements, and removals for the entire Asia Pacific region
- Constant and proactive review of the market place through research and vendor alerts/notices from stock exchanges/contributors. Advise whether new projects are required for the company and segregate into the categories listed above.
- Work directly with programmers to recommend the development or modification of computer programs, database structures, and data dictionary content.
- Gather requirements from various business segments to create product specifications for developers and organize the test cases (documenting the steps) which arise from them.
- Participate in cross-departmental meetings and cross-train with other team members. Work as a team to document, track, and produce reports for all projects pertinent to the group.
- Provide regular feedback regarding changes in scope to current project list with respect to changes that may impact client organizations.
- Ability to establish successful and results-oriented working relationships with a diverse set of personalities.
We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Exceptional requirements gathering and documentation ability
- High attention to detail concerning data, analysis and testing
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, and decision-making abilities.
- Computer and data input skills.
- Knowledge of project management and systems analysis methodologies.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Interest in worldwide financial markets.
- The ability to manage multiple projects with shifting priorities in a real-time environment.
- Must grasp concepts quickly. Aptitude and interest in technical concepts essential.
- Self-motivated and the capability to work without supervision.
- A wide degree of creativity, latitude and patience is expected.
- Knowledge of Finance industry.
- Experience with Production systems.
- Experience in a high volume, real-time transaction based environment.
- Chinese language skills a plus
Education / Certifications Required:
Bachelor's degree (Finance, MIS, or Mathematics preferred).
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top