Senior Business Analyst - Digital Marketing
Scope of Responsibilities/Expectations
We are looking for a technically-savvy and business-focused digital marketing business analyst for our web sites and other marketing technology platforms. You will utilize your strong technical competencies and functional business expertise to identify, evaluate and develop systems and procedures that meet business user requirements. To do this successfully, the business analyst will partner closely with cross-function teams to understand business needs and to combine customer, business and technical perspectives into cohesive and effective solutions documented in Business Requirement documents [BRD]. An ability to understand business process issues and communicate technical solutions to the internal client is essential to your success in this role. Project management skills and a customer service orientation are key.
- Working with business and technical teams to rapidly evolve and innovate TRTA's web sites, marketing technology platforms and other emerging platforms to support the achievement of business and marketing objectives;
- Partnering with user experience, business, and technology experts to document and develop business and functional requirements through hands-on facilitation between business and technical teams;
- Translate business requirements into clearly defined user stories;
- Document applicable current-state business processes and create future-state processes that improve efficiencies and user experiences;
- Conduct gap analysis the business requirements and create templates or any artifact needed to prevent gaps in the future;
- Partnering with business stakeholders, agencies and vendors, and internal IT teams to scope, design, develop, and deploy new marketing automation business flows, web site interactions, and more.
- Collaborating with IT architecture team to develop and maintain roadmaps that outline current and future capabilities for the web site, and inbound/outbound marketing platforms (email, lead generation, customer engagement, etc.);
- Leading system and UAT testing, documenting issues and engaging developers as needed to perfect solutions before deployment;
- Accountable for ensuring user stories are delivered to the 'working system' definition of done within agreed sprint;
- Responsible for supporting rollouts and transition to application support desk team;
- Responsible for triage of CS Web / Tax Admin support issues and routing to appropriate team members for resolution
- Ability to think strategically and suggest creative solutions
- Forward-thinking mindset to continue to innovate our business platforms
- Ability to build partnerships and effectively establish and maintain relationships with internal and external clients and vendors
- Ability to adapt and be flexible to the evolving needs of the organization and business partners
- Comfortable interacting with different levels of management and leading cross-functional, cross-regional teams
- Ability to guide decision making with strategic insight
- High standard of quality and continuously strive to improve processes and user experiences
- Ability to synthesize complex requirements into simple business practices
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Skills & Experience
- 8 – 10 years' experience in a business analyst role supporting enterprise
- Ability to understand and translate complex business challenges into smart
- Proven experience supporting integration of a wide variety of systems and
architectures into cohesive, simple solutions.
- Proven ability to manage complex projects and deliver results in a fast-paced,
deadline oriented environment.
- Proactive approach to problem identification and solving
- A broad knowledge of marketing related technologies and solutions, e.g.
Eloqua, Salesforce, Wordpress, Adobe Marketing Cloud, etc.
- Appetite to learn and explore new emerging technologies and processes.
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills.
- Academic background in business, technology or related field. Undergraduate
college degree or equivalent experience required.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top