Senior Business Analyst
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Enterprise Business Systems
Enterprise Business Systems (EBS) owns the strategy, delivery and support of Thomson Reuters' business platforms. These platforms cover the primary business capabilities for Marketing, Selling, Fulfillment, Billing and Collections, and Service & Support, as well as central Finance, Procurement, HR and Performance Reporting. EBS work closely with business executives and other senior leaders to define and execute a global EBS roadmap. We are focused on harmonising processes, maximising efficiencies through standardisation, and improving information and data management, to support the business Vision.
EBS Business Analysts provide a vital function bridging the gap between business and technology. Crucially, they sift through complex business problems and processes, and focus solution specifications on high value change. To achieve this they engage with stakeholders to understand desired outcomes and elicit requirements, translating them into functionality that can be implemented by EBS's delivery team. EBS Business Analysts therefore need to be customer service focused, whilst able to negotiate with stakeholders who have high expectations.
As a Senior Business Analyst you will operate as a self-starter often working directly with stakeholders, without supervision. You'll have a strong voice setting the agenda and driving discussions. You may also mentor more junior members of the team.
This position will be focused on our Marketing Automation business capability and technologies, for example:
- Working on initiatives to accelerate Demand Generation through a combination of projects from Free Trial Automation to Lead Management and Assignment optimization; or
- Providing additional integrations between Business, Product and EBS applications to enable additional Marketing Automation capabilities to be integrated into critical Sales / Order Management systems
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Manage your own schedule of work and work with stakeholders or subject matter experts, with little supervision
- Demand Assessment – assist EBS Relationship Managers formulate business cases inputting analysis and views on high level business goals and outcomes.
- Business Planning – begin eliciting business requirements and modeling processes (as-is/to-be, using Business Processing Mapping), recording in standard documentation, and socialising the project with other EBS teams i.e. Architecture, Delivery and Support.
- Definition and Design – facilitate workshops to evolve scope, gather detailed requirements, develop use cases and begin visualizing the end result, using standard tools and techniques.
- Delivery and Deployment – consulting role, providing clarification services regarding the project Vision, Scope and Requirements, plus assessing and managing Change Requests through the standard process. Assist testing teams craft suitable test scripts.
- Potentially coach junior Business Analysts or other members of the team
- Use templates, tools and (internal) processes consistently, helping evolve all as required, coach junior members on use when needed.
- Develops and maintains a good relationship with business stakeholders – acting as their advocate, plus other EBS project team members.
- Maintains a good understanding of industry trends around CRM, eCommerce and Business Analysis techniques.
- Remain familiar with company news, policies, products and culture. Keep mandatory training up to date.
- Specialization in Marketing Automation software solution delivery, particularly preferably leveraging Eloqua or Unica technology solutions.
- Proven commercial experience as a business analyst, having worked on multiple technology or business projects or programs.
- Strong experience in business analysis techniques, such as gathering requirements through interviews and workshops, or modelling processes and use cases.
- Demonstrable experience working throughout a project lifecycle, engaging with various stakeholders and managing and/or reviewing appropriate project documentation.
- Strong stakeholder holder management, with confidence to challenge preconceptions of outcomes and solutions.
- Good communication, presentation and customer engagement skills
- A good understanding of software development lifecycles and methodologies
- Good familiarity with project management and architecture disciplines
- Proficient with business analysis tools and Microsoft Office products
- Degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent experience
- Certification in Business Analysis, by a recognizable institution, is a plus
- Proven training in software development lifecycle or methodologies
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top