Senior Business Analyst
Do you have a passion for technology? Do you want to make a difference, delivering software used by some of the biggest companies in the world? Do you love working with others in a dynamic agile environment?
Companies throughout the world are exposed to risk; understanding and managing that risk is key to their continued success. As part of the Nottingham Risk Technology Hub you'll be helping our customers protect their brand and make smarter decisions.
We are looking for enthusiastic, passionate Business Analysts to join our growing team as we strive to deliver excellence to our customers. You're a self starter who will be part of an empowered Agile team working on our portfolio of products, including the award-winning Connected Risk.
Your curiosity, desire to learn and enthusiasm for technology means you can do what it takes to get the job done.
Main Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- You will review and understand business requirements, seeking clarity to resolve ambiguity.
- You will maximize the value of development teams by prioritizing the highest value features.
- Lead the translation of business requirements to concise user stories.
- You are responsible for ensuring that there is a sufficiently refined product backlog from which development can proceed.
- Support other team members in their learning of product functionality.
- Liaise with partners and development teams to ensure successful delivery of business requirements through short iterative feedback loops.
- Make valuable contributions to the process and suggest standard methodology improvements.
- Foster a collaborative, cross-discipline approach to the creation and improvement of our products.
- Product Owner
- Scrum Master and members of the Scrum Team
- Development Manager
Essential Skills/Experience Required:
- Bachelors Degree in Technical or Business Discipline required, with 5 years related experience or equivalent.
- Demonstrable ability to quickly learn new business domains.
- Superb communication, analysis and problem solving skills.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Solid understanding of the SDLC.
Desired Skills/Experience Required:
- You understanding and are able to apply Agile methodologies
- Able to refine high level business requirements into Features / User Stories that are easy to understand, foster innovation and represent the value to the customer.
- Awareness of principles of usability and user experience.
- Experience of working with remote teams.
- Ability to effectively use Jira or other issue tracking products.
- Experience with User Story refinement techniques such as storyboarding.
A good relevant degree is desirable, but experience and the right approach to work are just as important.
The Financial and Risk Business of Thomson Reuters is now Refinitiv. Refinitiv equips the financial community with access to an open platform that uncovers opportunity and catalyzes change. With a dynamic combination of data, insights, technology, and news from Reuters, our customers can access solutions for every challenge, including a breadth of applications, tools, and content-all supported by human expertise. At Refinitiv, we facilitate the connections that propel people and organizations to find new possibilities to move forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. Therefore we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world-regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Refinitiv is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
Back to top