Senior Business Analyst
We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Position Title: Senior Business Analyst
Requisition No: JREQ084494
Location: London - South Colonnade
Solutions Consultants play an important part in leading the definition and prioritization of business requirements, articulating risks and mitigating strategies, proposing innovative solutions and driving implementation. They require an understanding of development cycles, agile methodology, database background as well as some technical expertise on LAN/WAN networks.
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
The main responsibility is to ensure that business requirements are clearly articulated and agreed by key stakeholders, risks are identified, articulated and mitigated, solutions are delivered accordingly, and when necessary, new capabilities are identified for innovation while always considering the impact on service quality, data quality, costs, resources and timescales.
Main responsibilities include:
- Analyze enterprise's strategic needs
- Build strong working relationships with stakeholders to understand and document their requirements
- Ensure necessary signoffs are obtained to ensure requirement definition, solution design and deployment activities are managed effectively.
- Model future business/operational processes and design related systems
- Propose tailor-made solutions and implement an agile development approach
- Understand software limitations and propose mid-term corrections / long term optimizations
- Design data streams to enable data warehousing and data mining
- Implement best practices and associated tools to optimize costs and save time
- Rationalize systems and processes
- Document innovative solutions matching current and future governance for the networks
- Produce mock-ups to help users visualize how possible solutions and features could work
- Perform system testing, assist User Acceptance Tests and Quality Assurance
- Coordinate the deployment of new solutions
- Facilitate audit and system compliance
- Conduct lessons learnt and plan future optimization phases
- Write user guides related to new solutions
- Document processes and systems' mechanisms
As part of the BSS Development team the Solutions Consultant function facilitates effective collaboration between customers (internal business sponsors / SMEs) and the BSS analyst programmers developing the solutions. Customers include key delivery teams like ENT (Enterprise Network Technology ).
This role is an individual contributor role and has no line management responsibility.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Proven experience as a Solutions Consultant or Business Analyst
- Development background (agile methodology)
- Strong skills on databases (ideally SQL Server)
- Good knowledge of networks, telecoms operational support systems (OSS) and business support systems (BSS)
- Highly developed people skills with the ability to lead and influence on important issues across business, technology, service and financial considerations
- Proven ability to establish and develop relationships with all key stakeholders to facilitate a truly collaborative approach across the enterprise, identify potential conflicts/risks, prioritise effectively and deliver consensus solutions in support of business strategies.
- Communications skills, both verbal and written, to explain complex ideas to wide range of audiences
- Able to work remote technical and business groups in a large, globally based organization.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Knowledgeable on Business Intelligence and Big Data
- Project Management skills with excellent organizational and time management skills.
- University degree in Computer Science
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.thomsonreuters.com.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top