Senior Business Analyst
We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting and science and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Position Title: Senior Business Analyst
Business Unit: Finance and Risk
Product or Service:
Connect is a product that has been recently acquired by Thomson Reuters. Our focus is on developing packaged products allowing our clients to manage their risk. The product has a great deal of flexibility and can be configured to deliver a wide variety of software modules. A Lot of this configuration is able to be done by non technical people using web based drag and drop techniques.
The Business Analyst role is a dynamic position within the rapidly expanding Connected Risk Software Delivery team. The chosen candidate will be an integral part of the delivery team transforming product requirements into flexible and scalable enhancements to the underlying platform.
This person will work on an exciting product which is implemented across a wide range of clients who need to manage their risk including tier one banks and multinational corporations. The diverse work load requires the candidate to be keen to learn new skills and further their knowledge in a wide variety of both business and technical areas.
This person will be one of the key communication points between the product and technical teams and as such must be comfortable communicating with clients, internal stake holders and the technical teams to drive projects to completion.
Main Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Lead the translation of business requirements to technical scopes
- Manage the development of items and validation against the written scopes
- Liaise with the business and development teams to ensure success project completions
- Provide technical guidance and share best practices with internal teams, clients and partners
- Connected Risk Delivery Manager
- Connected Risk Development Leader
- Connected Risk Product Teams
Essential Skills and Experience:
- A background in problem solving
- A strong understanding of software development and delivery
- A keen interest in learning new skills
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience in a technical role at a software company
- Experience writing scopes and technical specifications
- Experience performing technical investigations
- Experience working with Databases (SQL Server or Oracle preferred)
- Experience within a structured development life cycle
- Experience working with remote technical resources
- Educated to degree level in a technical discipline (Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science or similar)
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 60,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.thomsonreuters.com.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top