Senior Business Analyst
The Business Analyst/ Tax Accountant is responsible for the design, development and testing of assigned projects in the ONESOURCE Income Tax product. This involves the collection, analysis, and prioritization of requirements from product management, support, customers and other sources, writing functional specifications and detailed design definitions to implement calculations and other software features, and testing the projects. This professional is also responsible for the review of the documentation content related to assigned projects and acts as liaison with programming, testing and documentation groups.
- Works independently to solve tax software problems and to learn the business/customer requirements.
- Generates and approves innovative approaches and solutions to problems.
- Creates well-written requirements, functional, and design documents.
- Prepares and conducts presentations for various user areas.
- Creates and maintains well designed and written test plans.
- Works with project team members for projects of medium scope and moderate complexity, or sub-projects within a large or highly complex project with some guidance.
- Four-year accounting degree (or work experience equivalent) and 3+ years of accounting, business analysis, and/or development experience.
- The candidate must possess proficient knowledge of tax concepts and experience preparing form 1120 & 1065.
- Work history should include experience with a consolidated Federal return, State returns, State A&A, Efile, Estimates & Extensions and Provisions.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- 2+ years of experience in a corporate tax department.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Carrollton-Texas-United States of America
Back to top