Senior Business Analyst
Thomson Reuters Finance & Risk is looking to add a Senior Business Analyst to our new World-Check One team at our new Technology Center in Toronto, Ontario. We have recently announced the expansion of our Canadian operations with the creation of a new technology center in downtown Toronto, Ontario. Toronto is home to an emerging ecosystem of world-class technology talent and the new Technology Center will be the preeminent hub of innovation. Our plan is to create around 1,500 technology and operations jobs in the coming few years, starting with an initial tranche of 400 roles at the new center.
This challenging position requires someone to think independently, but still work well with others. This is a chance to get in and make an immediate impact. It is an opportunity to work for a great company with smart people on a large and successful system that is used worldwide. The Senior Business Analyst should have the ability to deliver high quality work on time in a high-energy environment while collaborating and brainstorming with other team members in a dynamic team environment. A combination of strong planning, organization, time management skills, and the ability to handle multiple projects are key. The Senior Business Analyst will also contribute to the maintenance and support of production systems as necessary.
- Bachelor's degree required with 5 years of related experience
- Proven ability to quickly learn new business domains
- Experience working with Agile methodologies and able to help promote best practice
- Exceptional communication, analysis and problem solving skills, including the ability to negotiate
- Proficient in eliciting and translating complex business requirements as Epics and User Stories that are easy to understand, foster innovation and represent the value to the customer
- Excellent writing skills – ability to thoroughly document results of analysis to effectively represent business requirements
- Ability to facilitate, understand, and contribute to technical discussions
- Customer focused and dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of the customer
- Enthusiastic – must be high energy, motivated and dedicated to meet the needs of the customer
- Certification as a Scrum Product Owner
- Awareness of principles of usability and user experience
- Coaching/Mentoring of more Junior Colleagues
- Understanding of scaled Agile
- Understanding of the KYC / AML environment
Thomson Reuters is the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top