Senior Automation QA Engineer -F&R
"This role sits within our Financial & Risk ("F&R") business. On January 30, 2018, Thomson Reuters announced that it signed a definitive agreement to enter into a strategic partnership with private equity funds managed by Blackstone related to the company's F&R business. As part of the transaction, Thomson Reuters has agreed to sell a 55% majority stake in Financial & Risk and will retain a 45% interest in the business. Thomson Reuters will maintain full ownership of its Legal, Tax & Accounting and the Reuters News businesses. The transaction is expected to close in the second half of the year and is subject to specified regulatory approvals and customary closing conditions. When the transaction closes, this role will be included in the new F&R entity. Further information on this can be found at https://www.thomsonreuters.com/en/press-releases/2018/january/thomson-reuters-and-blackstone-announce-strategic-partnership-for-thomson-reuters-financial-and-risk-business.html "
About the Role:
To support our growing Risk business, we are putting together a new team, located in Nottingham, building products intended to delight our customers in the Risk segment. The Software Engineer - Automation QA will take central role in developing the tools, platforms and scripts to ensure our released products meet the high standards of quality expected of the Thomson Reuters brand.
The role will cover many aspects of QA automation, including automated UI testing, API testing including web services, Performance and SOAK testing.
The successful candidate will be working very closely with their peers across the wider Risk team, thus a commitment to collaborative problem solving and analysis is essential. Equally a positive and proactive approach to knowledge sharing is required to succeed in this role
- Application of diligent QA practices to identify and document test scenarios
- Develop automated technical tests in-line with QA standards
- To execute both technical and manual tests as and when needed.
- To exhibit a thorough understanding of the different testing capabilities within the QA team
- To take a proactive approach in maximizing auto test coverage
- QA Team Lead (reporting to)
- Project peers and colleagues in development, QA and product management
- Wider Risk community
- Wider Thomson Reuters Nottingham Technology Hub community
Essential Skills/Experience Required:
- Demonstrable experience of writing structured automated tests
- Good Java or C# programming skills
- Use of source code management tools
- Demonstrable experience of SDLC and test management tools, e.g. Jira, Zephyr
- Demonstrable experience of the defect management lifecycle
- An understanding of the test lifecycle (planning, analysis, execution, reporting)
Desired Skills/Experience Required:
- In-depth experience across the testing lifecycle (planning, analysis, execution, reporting)
- Good experience using Selenium WebDriver
- Good understanding of object-oriented programming techniques
- Experience in using technology/tools such as: JMeter, SOAPUI
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Software Engineer, Centre of Cognitive Computing
Lisa works with other engineers to develop products that are powered by artificial intelligence and capable of machine learning. She also conducts research to identify new uses for existing company data.
Back to top