Senior Automated QA Engineer
Do you have a passion for technology? Do you want to make a difference, delivering software used by some of the biggest companies in the world? Do you love working with others in a dynamic agile environment?
Companies throughout the world are exposed to risk; understanding and managing that risk is key to their continued success. As part of the Nottingham Risk Technology Hub you'll be delivering these solutions, helping our customers protect their brand and make smarter decisions.
We are looking for enthusiastic, passionate automated quality engineers to join our growing team as we strive to deliver excellence to our customers. You're a self starter who will be part of an empowered agile team working on our portfolio of products, including the award-winning Connected Risk.
Whilst your background will be in development of automated tests, your curiosity, desire to learn and enthusiasm for technology means you can do what it takes to get the job done.
Main Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Through engagement with product owners, and the application of diligent QA practices, you'll identify and document test scenarios based on User Stories.
- Demonstrating a consistent focus on quality, you'll ensure that your team delivers reliable, robust software through the creation and execution of automated functional and non-functional tests.
- Through participation in project planning sessions, you'll work with other team members to analyze auto test requirements, provide design options, and provide work breakdown and estimates of work.
- Working within a multi-functional agile team, you'll build robust automated tests, adhering to company standards and established software methodology.
- You'll maintain the framework that runs our automated tests, and will execute automated tests as required to support our releases to customers.
- Where necessary, you'll also be involved in manual or exploratory testing.
- To help the teams develop and learn, you'll review work of peers and more junior developers, providing advice and guidance to benefit the team as a whole.
- Through agile retrospectives and reviews, you'll inspect and adapt, finding innovative ways to make your team work more effectively.
- Actively participating in Scrum and Nexus meetings, you'll give timely status updates on areas for which you are responsible.
- Quality Engineers across Scrum teams
- Scrum Master and members of the Scrum team
- Product Owner
Essential Skills/Experience Required:
- Experienced quality engineer with a solid background in writing structured automated tests
- Good Java or C# programming skills
- Solid technical background with understanding of programming styles, frameworks, design patterns and unit testing
- Use of source code management tools such as Git or SVN
- Good knowledge of SDLC and test management tools, e.g. Jira, Zephyr
- Demonstrable understanding of the test lifecycle (planning, analysis, execution, reporting)
- Experienced in or a strong desire to work in a formal agile software development lifecycle
- Familiar with continuous build and integration
Desired Skills/Experience Required:
- Good experience using Selenium WebDriver
- Good understanding of object-oriented programming techniques
- Experience in using technology/tools such as: JMeter, SOAPUI
A good relevant degree is desirable, but experience and the right approach to work are just as important.
The Financial and Risk Business of Thomson Reuters is now Refinitiv. Refinitiv equips the financial community with access to an open platform that uncovers opportunity and catalyzes change. With a dynamic combination of data, insights, technology, and news from Reuters, our customers can access solutions for every challenge, including a breadth of applications, tools, and content-all supported by human expertise. At Refinitiv, we facilitate the connections that propel people and organizations to find new possibilities to move forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. Therefore we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world-regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Refinitiv is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
Back to top