Senior Associate, Legal Strategy
Senior Associate, Legal strategy (f/m) -
Based in Switzerland (Baar)
The corporate strategy team within Thomson Reuters' $3.4B Legal business unit is seeking an experienced Senior Associate, Strategy to join our team. We work directly with our business unit President and other senior leaders on a range of dynamic projects to support the long-term operational and growth objectives of the company.
The Senior Associate, Strategy will report to the Senior Director of Strategy and will be a key contributor to projects such as:
- Growth Strategies: market opportunity analysis, new market entry strategies
- Business Development: competitive analysis, mergers and acquisition (M&A) evaluation, due diligence
- Efficiency and Effectiveness: commercial strategy, channel strategy, product and technology planning
- Strategic Planning: annual business planning, business case development, 3-5 year strategic planning, capital allocation
This highly-visible role will provide the candidate with significant opportunity to advance within the Strategy organization or into other positions across Thomson Reuters.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Conducting market assessments, competitive analysis, customer analysis, and financial modeling
- Contributing to customer research studies
- Closely partnering with colleagues in strategy, product, finance, technology and other areas to gather intelligence and support strategy development
- Assisting in the preparation of responses to corporate requests for Legal business unit information
- Developing compelling slides and presentations that tell a clear story
- Managing multiple, time-sensitive project deliverables simultaneously
Experience and Education:
- 3 years of related business experience in a corporate strategy, strategic marketing or finance capacity required
- Bachelors degree required
- Experience owning and delivering concurrent, time-sensitive analytical projects required
Knowledge and Skills:
- Fluent English is a must have
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Curiosity and desire to learn
- Ability to work collaboratively on a team and within a larger matrixed organization
- Strong primary and secondary research skills
- Proven strategic and financial analysis skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong time management and planning skills
- Ability to travel periodically as necessary
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top