Senior Associate Editor, Real Estate Remote
Practical Law is looking for a Senior Associate Editor, Real Estate to conduct research, draft, edit, and publish content for its on-line Real Estate Service. The Senior Associate Editor will:
- Work with Senior State Content Editors to draft, edit, and update state-specific real estate resources, with an emphasis on content across multiple jurisdictions. The resources include practice notes, checklists, standard documents, standard clauses, legal updates, other state-specific legal content in accordance with Practical Law writing style.
- Carry out search trawls of numerous websites and other sources using the software application WebSite-Watcher for current developments and potential topics for legal updates and other state specific resources for the Real Estate Service.
- Edit state-specific real estate resources to conform to Practical Law's house style and plain English.
- Develop ideas for new state real estate content with an emphasis on multi-state resources, which are to be published on Practical Law.
- Liaise with external authors regarding original contributions and updates of Practical Law resources.
- Maintain and manage internal progress charts, databases, and folders.
- Provide additional research and editorial support to other Senior State Content Editors in other states.
- Provide additional editorial support for the Real Estate service as required.
Candidates selected for a second interview will be required to submit a writing sample.
- J.D. required
- At least five (5) years' experience working as a real estate attorney in a law firm or as in-house counsel, and general expertise in real estate practice.
- Strong academic credentials.
- Extensive experience drafting and negotiating real estate-related documents.
- Enthusiasm and ambition, with a desire to improve the efficiency of legal services.
- A good understanding of the needs and priorities of law firm attorneys, in-house counsel, and the legal market in general.
- Strong communication skills. Strong work ethic and ability to meet deadlines.
- A passion for writing and good editing skills, including:
- very close attention to detail;
- impressive command of grammar, punctuation, and plain English; and
- the ability to write about complex legal issues clearly and simply.
- Recent experience using WestlawNext for legal research.
- Knowledge and experience in the following areas is strongly preferred:
- Commercial real estate transactions, including
- acquisitions, ownership, and sales of various types of commercial real estate;
- financing of commercial real estate, including permanent loans and construction loans; foreclosure and mechanic's liens; and
- leasing of commercial real estate, including office buildings, retail, industrial, warehouse, mixed-use, and multi-family.
- Residential real estate transactions, including the acquisition, sale, leasing, and financing of single family, multi-family, co-ops, and condos.
About Practical Law:
Practical Law, a Thomson Reuters business, is a leading online provider of legal know-how. We help business lawyers practice more efficiently and deliver greater value to clients. We deliver our content to companies, law firms and law schools. Our subscribers include most major international law firms and corporations, including approximately 85% of the Am Law 200, hundreds of small and mid-size firms and over 1,300 legal departments worldwide.
For more information about Practical Law see our website at
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Washington, DC-District of Columbia-United States of America;Atlanta-Georgia-United States of America;Richmond-Virginia-United States of America;Annapolis-Maryland-United States of America
Req #: JREQ087396
Locations: Washington, DC-District of Columbia-United States of America|Atlanta-Georgia-United States of America|Richmond-Virginia-United States of America|Annapolis-Maryland-United States of America
Job Function: Publishing / Editorial
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top