Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
- Manage and/or execute workflows with full accountability for quality and timeliness, including weather, survey, satellite and econometric-based analyses of palm and coffee plantings and productivity, demand, and export flows
- Maintain and develop core analytical and technical processes
- Disseminate analysis and forecasts, and underlying data and analytical capabilities, to a global audience via Thomson Reuters desktop and enterprise (data feed) platforms
- Work closely with market development and sales force to raise awareness of the analytical value proposition
- Train, supervise, and mentor junior analytical staff
- Minimum 5 years' experience evaluating impacts of weather, human management, and/or economic forces on oil palm production systems, and/or use of remotely sensed data to map or monitor palm and/or coffee plantations
- Strong grounding in statistics with proficiency in one or more environments for statistical and numerical computation
- Expertise in agronomic analysis, agro-economic modeling, and/or satellite remote sensing and geospatial analysis
- Superlative written and spoken communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to collect and analyze field, survey, and/or remotely-sensed data, especially in the context of agriculture
- Ability to travel internationally
- PhD (preferred) or Master's degree in Agronomy, Economics, Agricultural Economics, Geography, Meteorology, Plant Sciences, or a closely related discipline
- Knowledge of Bahasa Indonesia and Malaysia is highly desirable, as are knowledge of Thai or Vietnamese due to the specific client and market coverage for this position
- Experience with commercial palm, coffee, and/or sugarcane production
- Knowledge of the futures, options, and cash markets for agricultural commodities
- Competency in R and Matlab, as well as database query (SQL) languages and programming
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top