Senior Account Manager, Media
Senior Account Manager, Media
Reuters, the news and media division of Thomson Reuters is the world's largest international multimedia news provider, reaching more than one billion people every day. Over 2,500 journalists in nearly 200 locations around the globe deliver unparalleled international and national news coverage in 16 languages with speed, impartiality and insight to the world's media organizations and directly to consumers on Reuters.com. Reuters stays true to the letter and spirit of the Thomson Reuters Trust Principles, ensuring independence, integrity and freedom from bias.
The Reuters News Agency Senior Media Account Manager role is responsible for licensing Reuters news and services to the news industry. Our customers are broadcasters, print and digital publishers, corporations and governments. Reuters News Agency provides its clients with multi-media news solutions to reach their audiences. Our products include video & text feeds, pictures & graphics, packaged content and syndication services.
This role will be based in Moscow and the Account Manger will be responsible for an established list of accounts in Russia and CIS countries. The Account Manager will be expected to grow the existing book of business as well as prospecting and closing new business.
- Under direct supervision of Head of Media Sales Central&Eastern Europe manages for Russia revenue and market share at designated accounts to maximize customer satisfaction and achieve company's strategic objectives.
- Find new and develop existing client relationships to ultimately drive revenue growth.
- Develop and execute account strategy by collaborating with account team to deliver stronger, more relevant value propositions.
- Consistently achieve monthly, quarterly, annual sales objectives through securing new business and contract renewals in order to meet and exceed targets as agreed with the Head of Media Sales Central&Eastern Europe.
- Cultivates customer relationships and ensures effective service delivery to accounts.
- Use relevant metrics and measures to routinely monitor progress against targets and take appropriate action to ensure sales and revenue targets are met or exceeded.
- Develop a pipeline of opportunities which are systematically qualified, by managing the account's decision-making process to ensure revenues are achieved.
- Develop new business by maximizing revenue contribution from target accounts through a program of pro-active sales and strategic account management.
- Provide sales performance data and information to support management decision-making.
- Provide accurate and timely account pipeline reports, account plan updates and sales forecasts through the use of SalesForce.
- Exercise thought leadership to demonstrate an understanding of the customers business strategies; presenting the compelling value proposition of Reuters Media.
- Works with and brings in experts/specialists onto the team where required, has oversight of all account activities.
- Develop a contact strategy with Editorial and key influencers via teleconference, e-mails, face to face meetings and customer events and relevant media.
- Advocate on behalf of the customer with the Reuters Media account team and relevant cross functional departments.
- Serve as primary contact for all client needs, requirements and expectations. This includes but is not limited to: the preparation of quotes, formal proposals, management of change requests and responsibility for liaising with billing and credit control departments.
- May provide customer product training if and as necessary.
- Accountable for individual expense budget management.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Extensive experience in a position with sales responsibility is mandatory, if within a competitor or a news agency is a plus.
- Demonstrated track record of success in sales and exposure to content licensing.
- Deep and broad knowledge of the media business and the markets Reuters serves in Russia.
- Experience with broadcasters, publishers, online aggregators and/or wireless providers in Russia is a plus.
- Ability to coordinate resources and relationships outside of direct line of responsibility.
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills.
- A thorough understanding of SalesForce or equivalent CRM system.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Strong understanding of customers and their business model and workflows.
- Ability to create and build relationships.
- Knowledge of and experience working with the ad hoc picture licensing market.
- A track record of creating and closing business development contracts (identity, develop and articulate a complex proposition/consultative selling).
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to develop and execute a sales plan, ability to use a variety of technology with a high level of proficiency.
- Problem solving - ability to understand, articulate, structure and solve client needs.
- Presentation and communication skills: ability to deliver presentations and communicate at all levels within an organization.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor degree or equivalent work experience.
- Deep knowledge of competitor landscape.
- Superior oral and written communications skills in Russian and English
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top