Senior Account Manager, Field Sales
Business Unit: Legal UKI
The legal business of Thomson Reuters delivers best-of-class solutions to help legal professionals practice the law, manage their organisation and grow their business. Our solutions include Thomson Reuters Practical Law, Westlaw UK, Sweet & Maxwell, Lawtel, Contract Express, Legal Tracker, Elite and IDS.
Our customers rely on us to deliver the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers.
The legal and regulatory world is changing rapidly. We help our customers deliver their services with accuracy, speed and confidence. Through our innovative online products, decision support tools, software and services, we provide the critical information that law firms, barristers, corporate legal departments, the public sector and academics need to work at their best. For more information, visit legal-solutions.co.uk.
Position Title: Senior Account Manager
Position Type: Permanent
Role Purpose/ Summary:
This is a Senior Account Management role focusing on growing and retaining revenue through client relationship management, cross-selling and introducing new products/solutions. In this role you will be managing large, complex and high value client relationships with a requirement to drive adoption of new solutions, as well as manage a client portfolio of existing business.
The role will form part of the Field Sales Account Management team, working with corporate and public sector legal teams, as well as law firms, who have long term and significant relationships with Thomson Reuters UKI. The role will be part office and home based with significant face to face client interaction expected.
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Selling our online and software solutions into the legal services market
- Strong metric & KPI driven sales responsibility
- Managing a portfolio of existing high level clients - managing the client relationship & renewal process to exceed revenue targets
- Identification, creation and development of new opportunities within assigned territory
- Developing and maintaining territory & account plans
- Working in Salesforce environment throughout deal progression
- Reporting, analysis and meeting involvement as required by Sales Manager
- Ability to support management within the team as a senior member and leader
Mandatory Skills and Experience:
- Experience and success working in targeted and KPI driven sales environment
- Experience of all elements of sales process, client management and CRM tools
- Strong sales presentation skills; both face to face and remotely
- Excellent negotiation skills, opportunity qualification & client needs analysis skills
- Experience of managing challenging portfolios of clients and services
- Proven success in new business & retention, up selling and cross selling for complex, online/software products
- Experience of successfully managing complex and high level accounts/client relationships
- Highly organised
- Self-motivated & driven
- Excellent listening & communication skills
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge & experience of legal industry
- Experience of using Salesforce
- Graduate Level Education is desired
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Software Engineer, Centre of Cognitive Computing
Lisa works with other engineers to develop products that are powered by artificial intelligence and capable of machine learning. She also conducts research to identify new uses for existing company data.
Back to top