Senior Account Manager
Business Unit: Legal UKI
Our Legal organisation connects our customers' businesses to the ever-changing legal and regulatory environment. We provide critical online and print information, decision support tools, software and services to lawyers who practice in law firms, in corporate legal departments and in the public sector. We are a growing business in the UK, especially since the acquisition of Practical Law Company. We are very excited about the next stage in our growth and how you can play a part in it.
Position Title: Senior Account Manager
Position Type: Permanent
Role Purpose/ Summary:
This is a Senior Account Management role focusing on growing and retaining revenue through deep client relationship management, cross-selling and introducing new products/solutions. In this role you will be managing large, complex and high value client relationships with a requirement to drive the adoption of new solutions, as well as manage a client portfolio of existing business.
The role will form part of the Field Sales Account Management team, working with Corporate and Public Sector legal teams, as well as Law Firms who have long term, significant relationships with Thomson Reuters UKI. The role will be part office based, with the rest of the time in the field or home working. Significant face to face client interaction expected.
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Selling the full portfolio of Thomson Reuters UKI online legal research and software solutions into the legal services market
- Strong metric & KPI driven sales responsibility
- Managing a portfolio of existing high level clients - managing the client relationship & renewal process to exceed revenue targets
- Identification, creation and development of new opportunities within client base
- Developing and maintaining territory & account plans
- Working in CRM environment throughout deal progression
- Reporting, analysis and meeting involvement as required by Sales Manager
- Ability to support management within the team as a senior member and leader
Mandatory Skills and Experience:
- Experience and success working in targeted and KPI driven sales environment
- Experience of all elements of sales process, client management and CRM tools
- Strong sales presentation and proposal building skills
- Proven negotiator with strong opportunity qualification & client needs analysis skills
- Experience of managing challenging portfolios of clients and services
- Proven success of retention, up selling and cross selling for complex, online/software products
- Experience of successfully managing complex and high level accounts/client relationships
- Highly organised
- Self-motivated & driven
- Excellent communication skills
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge & experience of legal industry
- Salesforce.com familiarity
- Graduate Level Education is desired
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
West Yorkshire-United Kingdom
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Software Engineer, Centre of Cognitive Computing
Lisa works with other engineers to develop products that are powered by artificial intelligence and capable of machine learning. She also conducts research to identify new uses for existing company data.
Back to top