Position Summary :
Thomson Reuters is looking for a highly motivated, energetic and goal driven Sales Engineer with demonstrated experience in build, assembly and configuration of source in a client demo environment. This is a client facing role responsible for the overall technical delivery and configuration of sales environments for our client demonstrations. The candidate must be experienced in releasing software on medium scale J2EE environments. The candidate must also be comfortable working in an Agile environment, have a "can-do" attitude and work well in a cross-functional environment with minimal supervision. He/she should be a self-starter, quick learner and a great team player.
- Build, assemble, configure and deliver source in multi-tier environments
- Support the Business Development Team on Demo and Sales environment setup
- Create and maintain internal and external (client) environment diagrams and documentation
- Participate in the business development process through the review of RFP requirements and conducting technical demonstrations of the C-Track product suite to potential customers
- Collaborating with the Business Development Team to configure demonstration environments using a specific dataset for the purpose of client demonstrations
- Experience with build/releasing software in a J2EE environment
- Excellent communication (oral/written) skills and the ability to interact with multiple cross functional teams and customers in a diverse setting encompassing both technical and non-technical users
- Working knowledge in at least one Linux flavor
- Must display calmness under pressure
- Must be willing to travel to customer locations both domestically and internationally
- Excellent Windows background in Windows 20xx; Windows administration experience a plus
- Working knowledge of SCM (software configuration management) best practices and applications
- Knowledge of Apache, Tomcat, or another application server such as WebLogic a must
- Experience with automated build tools; such as Jenkins
- Experience with various source control tools
- Application troubleshooting, ability to determine root causes based on log output
- Excellent analytical, problem solving skills, and attention to detail; production support experience
- Working knowledge of SQL with basic query experience
- Proven ability to adapt well in a fast-paced environment
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Media-Pennsylvania-United States of America
Back to top