Sales Trainees - part of our Sales Academy Scheme (12 month fixed term contract)
We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Thomson Reuters: Legal UKI
At Thomson Reuters, we believe the right information, in the right hands, at the right time leads to amazing things. Through our sales teams, we provide invaluable information and insight to our customers that help drive their businesses forward. If you're motivated by retaining and growing our business, whilst delivering exceptional customer service, we want to hear from you!
Our Legal organisation connects our customers' businesses to the ever-changing legal and regulatory environment. We provide critical online and print information, decision support tools, software and services to lawyers who practice in law firms, in corporate legal departments and in the public sector. We are a growing business in the UK, especially since the acquisition of Practical Law Company. We are very excited about the next stage in our growth and how you can play a part in it.
Position: Sales Trainees - part of our Sales Academy Scheme (Fixed term contract)
Are you driven and self motivated? Do you love working with people and delivering exceptional service to customers? If so, come and explore a position within our Sales Academy Scheme as a Sales Trainee.
We're looking for candidates from a broad range of backgrounds who demonstrate strong sales potential and who can make a quick impact within our organization. The Sales Academy Scheme is a 12 month scheme where you will develop the necessary skills to launch a successful sales career. Following an initial, intensive onboarding period, permanent placements may arise at any point during the scheme.
The Sales Academy Scheme will be challenging – there's a lot to learn and the pace will be fast; you will be tested on the abilities you develop at regular intervals and we will expect a lot from you. But it will also be rewarding – this is a unique opportunity to develop well rounded sales experience in a market leading organisation, you will also have access to learning and development offerings as well as ongoing coaching and feedback.
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- You will be taken through an intensive induction/ onboarding period consisting of:
- An introduction to Thomson Reuters Legal
- Sales cycle and 'consultative selling' training
- Product training
- Shadowing team members
- You will then be assigned rotations or projects so you get to experience various roles and be part of different teams.
- High performers may be eligible to apply for permanent positions after the onboarding period.
- Along the way you will have the dedicated support of a buddy and will be able to make valuable connections across our sales team and beyond.
- We expect that high performing Sales Trainees will move into permanent roles within our sales team by the time they graduate from the Sales Academy Scheme (this is subject to availability and performance).
The Selection Process:
- We've designed the selection process to find out more about you and your strengths but also to give you an opportunity to find out more about us and whether you could be a good fit.
- Like the Sales Academy Scheme itself, the selection process will be taxing but we hope you also find it enjoyable and use it as a chance to find out more about us and perhaps more about yourself too.
- As well as the online application form, you can expect to take an online situational strengths based questionnaire, have a telephone interview and then attend an assessment centre.
- Our values are: Trust, Partnership, Innovation and Performance, we look for these values in the people we hire so don't be surprised if we ask you more about them during the selection process.
Skills and Experience We Are Looking For:
- Demonstrable passion and drive to begin a career in sales
- Previous sales or customer centric work experience would be advantageous
- Experience of or understanding of the legal sector would be beneficial but is not essential
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Desire to provide exceptional customer service
- Curiosity to learn combined with an innovative and creative mindset
- A collaborator, someone who works well within a team
- A self starter, someone who can be proactive and add value quickly
- An interest in Thomson Reuters
We truly embrace diversity and are interested in candidates from a range of backgrounds who will bring unique perspectives to our team, therefore this scheme is open to graduates and non graduates alike
We are more focused on finding candidates who demonstrate they have the potential and skills to thrive within a sales environment
Closing date for applications: 31st October 2017
Target Hire Date: January 2018
Please note that as part of your application we ask that you attach a cover letter explaining your motivations for applying which should include answering the below 3 questions:
- Why does a Sales Trainee role appeal to you?
- What core strengths and attributes would you bring to this role?
- What are you hoping to achieve from this role?
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 55,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top