Sales Team Lead, Legal
- Be a "player-coach" to lead the Legal Professional sales segment in Japan.
- This role will be responsible for delivering high growth of Thomson Reuters propositions/portfolios to the legal services market in Japan including Elite, Contract Express, Legal Tracker and Practical Law.
- The role holder will lead & manage a small team of Territory Managers and will be main liaison point with sales partners in Japan.
Major Areas of Accountability:
- Financial Performance: Achievement of annual gross sales, retention/book of business and revenue targets for Legal Professional segment in Japan
- Sales Targets: Deliver on individual sales target and ensure that team members are on track to deliver on monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Planning: Develop sales and go to market channel strategy to ensure that growth and sales targets are met
- Reporting: Provide regular forecasting and reporting on all key financial information such as new sales and new business opportunities
- Sales Excellence: Ensure all records are uptodate in SFDC, key metrics are met and forecasting is accurate and reliable
- Client engagement: Close and regular engagement program with key clients/prospects
- People management: Manage small team of sales professionals, including recruitment, onboarding, coaching and development needs of the team
- Drive the team to increase effectiveness and results to attain sales quota, revenue goals and renewal targets.
- Drive the effective design and implementation of sales/account plans in the region, converge the efforts of all sales professionals to optimize the overall year over year growth.
- Ensure positive and effective relationships are established and maintained with customers which may include regularly attending customer meetings and conferences to add value through support of team members and to increase customer touch points
- Provide information regarding competitive intelligence to upper management
Works closely with regional leadership group to:
- Build and nurture a diverse, collaborative, high performing and engaged talent base
- Develop and deploy commercial and sales policies that optimise customer acquisition and profitable growth.
- Drive an innovative, simple, agile, digital and non-bureaucratic mindset across the region.
- Build and maintain highly collaborative and mutually supportive relationships with colleagues throughout AEM.
Competencies & Skills:
- Business Japanese and English
- Previous successful sales leadership experience
- Knowledge of the legal market in Japan is a strong advantage
- Proven ability to deliver results through use of key sales and revenue metrics.
- Proven ability to work well in a matrix environment, collaborate across multiple departments/organizations and influence at all levels
- Ability to build relationships, influence and gain resource from across the organization
- Ability to motivate, coach and mentor in a sales environment
- Must have strong presentation, communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Negotiation and deal structure skills.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Back to top