Sales Support Representative (Japan Market)
Reuters, the news and media division ofThomson Reuters, is the world's largest international multimedia news provider,reaching more than one billion people every day. Over 2,500 journalists innearly 200 locations around the globe deliver unparalleled international andnational news coverage in 16 languages with speed, impartiality and insight toprofessionals via Thomson Reuters desktops, the world's media organizations anddirectly to consumers on Reuters.com. Reuters stays true to the letter andspirit of the Thomson Reuters Trust Principles, ensuring independence,integrity and freedom from bias.
The Sales Support Representative roleis accountable for supporting the Sales organization on general sales-relatedadministrative matters, business policy and procedural issues.
- Serves as a primary resource for sales and account management teams to understand content/product offerings, business policies, order processing, Salesforce usage and procedures
- Support presales activities such as:
- pricing, proposals and contract drafting
- raise permissioning requests for trials
- Support for administrative tasks relating to order fulfillment (new sales, cancellations, renewals etc.)
- Escalate and follow up on client's billing and invoicing issues
- Collaborate with Business Operations, Commercial Policy, Customer Administration and Technical team ensure timely and excellent customer support and sales process
- Maintaining client data (such as contacts, addresses, service changes etc.) into relevant systems
- Ensure pipeline accuracy and support monthly forecast processes
- Engage with Business Operations team to support contract fulfillment and compliance
- Responsible for ensuring procedure changes are supported, implemented and followed to maximize efficiency, delivering quality services to customers for all order to cash processes
- May interact with customers (via phone, email) on an as-needed basis
- May provide logistical support for national and regional sales meetings and other events as needed
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Business level written and verbal Japanese language skill required due to the customer base this role will support
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills with the ability to apply knowledge and creativity to resolve standard and complex client issues
- Strong communication skills (written, oral, presentation)
- Customer Focused
- Organizational and prioritization skills with attention to detail
- Ability to adapt to dynamic and fast paced work environment
- Ability to troubleshoot and make appropriate decisions based
- Confident, helpful, customer-oriented
- Proven ability to take on multiple projects and see them to completion successfully
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently with minimum supervision
- Experience with Salesforce a plus
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top