Sales Specialist, Risk
Thomson Reuters is the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Position: Sales Specialist, Risk
The Risk Sales Specialist has responsibility for driving the GRC business development activity across all GRC product lines into a defined territory (existing customers and named prospects).. The Risk Sales Specialist will own a sales goal.
- Develop and manage pipeline in relation to GRC products and solutions
- Build lasting relationships with senior level customer contacts in Compliance, Risk & Operations
- Accurately forecast sales pipeline via salesforce.com with weekly, monthly and quarterly focus
- Research and develop territory to create focus lists of potential customers
- Leveraging market research, domain, and solution selling expertise to determine customer needs and create optimal sales strategy
- Maintaining up-to-date understanding of industry & regulatory trends and technical developments that affect target markets.
- Establish, collaborate, develop, and maintain industry or other business segment contacts that lead to sales and robust pipelines
- Develop and deliver sales presentations that educate the customer and shorten sales cycle
- Developing sales and marketing proposals for customers on GRC products and services
- Provide product feedback and enhancements required to penetrate new markets or accounts
- Develop and maintain communication with a strong focus on collaboration to all levels of staff and customers
Dimensions of the role:
- Develops corporate contacts and cultivates relationships at all levels that enhance our position within the account that leads to new or incremental business opportunities.
- Develop and drive targeted campaigns and activities to generate sales opportunities in the targeted vertical industry, market space, or specific named accounts within region.
- Travel to customer sites as needed to close opportunities and develop relationship with key personnel, decision makers, and C-Level Executives.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be an experienced and successful sales person
- Have domain expertise in GRC products (AML, KYC, E-learning and/or Regulatory Intelligence)
- Have market expertise in Tier 1 banks and experience in constructing complex solution-oriented deals.
- Have experience in building strong relationships within large organisations and navigating successfully within
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Achieve sales goal
- Meet or exceed pipeline development goals (3x sales goal)
- Demonstrate subject matter expertise on GRC value proposition
- Build senior relationships with customers and facilitate customer interaction for proposition and marketing teams
- Strong communication, presentation, and negotiation skill including the ability to adapt all of the above as necessary.
- Ability and willingness to travel
- Ability to work independently & collectively. Coordinate a remote team, selling with/through or selling to
- Ability to understand and articulate the strategic value of the GRC offerings with strong business acumen
- Ability to relate and effectively interact with C-level executives of Fortune 500 companies
- Sales experience in subscription services, professional services and/or software
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of Thomson Reuters products and services
- Experience working in a global matrix environment
- Degree level preferred
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 60,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, colour, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.thomsonreuters.com.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Sales Family Group
United Kingdom-London-London-GBR-London-30 South Colonnade
F&R GTM Europe Risk Sales
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top