Sales Specialist, Risk
Thomson Reuters is the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. Through its more than 50,000 people across 93 countries, Thomson Reuters delivers this must-have insight to the financial, legal, tax and accounting, scientific, healthcare and media markets, and is powered by the world's most trusted news organization. More information about Thomson Reuters and its financial performance can be found on www.ThomsonReuters.com http://www.thomsonreuters.com/
Grow market share by proactively developing and deploying domain-based sales strategies in collaboration with account management and utilizing specialist knowledge to deliver gross sales. Major emphasis on opening up new business, both within existing accounts and new customers.
Focusing on growth, based on a value sale.
- Identifies and generates sales to existing and new customers.
- Develop new E-learning opportunities in relevant geographical territory.
- Converts leads provided by Client Specialists, Direct and Account Managers.
- Assists in key retention situations, bringing domain expertise relevant to that customer – as agreed with the appropriate stakeholders.
- Acts as an advocate for customer needs to the business.
- Provide Market insight bask to TR to help drive and grow our business.
- Mentor new sales specialists.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Over 5 years of sales/market experience
- World class selling skills (identify, develop, & articulate proposition/ consultative selling) as a "hunter"
- Strong sales 'closer'
- Creative thinker and good sales ideation skills
- Presentation skills (verbal & written)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to organize and execute a sales plan
- Prior experience of selling e-learning solutions preferable
- Proven track record in a quota bearing sales environment
- Experience selling to C-level executives
- Ability to discuss with and understand client needs, map clients' requirements to our offerings, provide comprehensive solutions, discuss with pre-sales team, quote prices, prepare proposals and presentations.
- Significant Product and Workflow Expertise e.g. knowledge of e-learning course development process and learning management systems preferable (not must)
- Deep market understanding including a) understanding of financial markets b) knowledge of compliance and regulation c) strong understanding of training and learning workflows within client organizations preferable (not must)
As an employer we strive to provide every employee with a positive working environment, continued professional development, a commitment to work-life balance, and equal opportunities. As a diverse, global leader, we actively encourage career advancement through internal promotions and segment opportunities.
If you are a talented professional, passionate about what you do, and want to work in a company that can support your growth, we want to hear from you.
If you would like to find out more about Thomson Reuters please visit our careers site, https://www.thomsonreuters.com/en/careers.html
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top